think my ts is shot?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
think my ts is shot??

well last week i went out to start my truck and it was stuck in high idle. couldn't adjust the chip well i wiggled the wires then it worked. 2 days later same thing happened again and when i wiggle the wires it shut off wouldn't start waite to start light went out wouldn't come on it was stuck in 50hp mode and just woudln't start. So today i got a 450 dollar pcm that was on nationwide back order through the dealer i put it in truck started up fine no problems. I shut it down unhooked the batteries then when i plugged the chip in i have the same problem no waite to start light so i shut the ignition off unpluged the chip and it ran with a waite to start light. do you guys know is my chip fried or what i have no idea. it has stage 2 swamps injectors and the chip had swamps programs for the single shot injectors so it don't run to smooth with out the custom tunes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 PM

i know that somebody on here has had to of herd of this i can't imagine i'm the only one this has ever happened to. Well then again i have had alot of bad luck lately mabey it could be.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you wiggled the chip while the truck was running, and took out the pcm, then yes you took the chip with it.

NEVER mess with the chip while the key is in the ignition.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by twildman View Post
If you wiggled the chip while the truck was running, and took out the pcm, then yes you took the chip with it.

NEVER mess with the chip while the key is in the ignition.
Yeah, that is truth, i tape my chip in so it cant move, and take the keys all the way out when i want to take it out.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:11 AM

well i just got off the phone with ts and they are not gonna warrenty it so now after the $450 pcm i waited two weeks for i gotta buy a new chip with custom tunes because it runs like chit with out them
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Years ago I did almost the exact same thing. I was going to load a tune from my programmer in the truck and after I started I remembered I forgot to remove the chip. I also forgot the key was on. I instinctively reached down and pulled the chip out and saw a tiny spark. This reminded me of the key being on but it was too late. I fried both the computer and the chip. $600 mistake!
I have since learned that I can get a computer for less than $100 but at the time I didn’t know that and needed the truck back immediately so I bought one form Ford for $300. They wanted another $300 to install it so I installed it in their parking lot in about 5 minutes and drove home.
You have lost both the chip and computer, man I know that sucks cause I been there.

Maybe Swamps will cut you some slack on a new one or maybe try another brand custom chip. How do you like the swamps injectors? Which ones you got?
I’m having one heck of a time with mine, I decided to upgrade from Swamps tunes to TW tunes and we have been fighting it ever since to try and get it right.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 PM

175/173 with 60% oversized nozzels and swamps cutom tunes i love them i think it's the only way to go but then again i never tried tonys
Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 PM

can tw reburn your old chip?
Old 12-20-2008, 05:48 PM

nope chip is fried but ts gave me one supposedly at cost 238 shipped since the warrenty didn't cover it
Old 12-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Mine are the 175/146 single shots, I’m not sure how much I like them, seems that TW is having a hard time finding programming that will work with my truck.
Good luck on your new chip, I’d suggest really cleaning those computer terminals and let us know what tunes you wind up with and how it works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.