Need help No start on work truck been down a week already - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help No start on work truck been down a week already

I have a 2006 Ford F350. It has 102,000 miles in it. It is studded, erg delete, cold air intake, 4in exhaust, sct w/ extreme x, and a powermax turbo.

Drove the truck home sunday night from Tampa for 2 hours came home and let it cool down 5 mins before shutting down. The next morning I go to start it and it cranks but will not fire. Had AAA tow it to the mechanic who rebuilt the motor. He started by replacing the IPR valve. Still no start then he said ficm voltage was dropping so we changed the circuit board and Ficm is maintaining 48.5 while cranking. Still no start. Replaced oil, both fuel filters, and batteries still no start. It is getting crazy now I need my truck and he is confused what it could be. I need help! He says no codes and all things needed to start are there oil pressure, fuel pressure, ficm voltage, etc.

Please help me if you can. This is my only truck and I use it 24/7. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 99stroking; 04-20-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 09:02 AM
information regurgitator

Air test the high pressure oil system to determine where the leak is before tossing parts at it.
Make sure the oil filter cap, the oil filter, the fuel filtrers and the fuel filter caps are all Motorcraft also. Yes, it DOES make a big difference.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for the reply. All filters and caps are Motorcraft they were changed Friday and yesterday. He said there is no leaks because his snap on is pulling 1300+ psi of oil pressure according to the computer. The day before this happened I got diesel could it be bad diesel? He drained some out of the top bowl then from the bottom filter they were day and night I will try to post a picture if I can figure it out.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Still can not figure it out. Need any help anyone can give. Thank you.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:04 PM
information regurgitator

Troubleshooting a No-Start condition
Old 04-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you. Mechanic will be back to the shop in the morning ill print the list off to him. We tackled about 80% of that list. I was not sure if it could be bad diesel or a possible locked up A/C compressor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0 died, 6.0 diesel, no start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.