6.0 Problems 2 Trucks????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Problems 2 Trucks?????

Both 03 6.0 Powerstrokes Both F-350's
Truck #1 Fuel Mileage is 8.9 loaded towing Gooseneck Trailer Empty 11.1 No trailer empty 11.5 at best!!! 1 2200 miles ago put #5 injector in plus 4 and 6 188 miles # 5 Bad again Plus 1 & 3. Towed it in Last Tuesday and now they say 2 and 8 Bad Plus fuel Pump has low fuel Pressure. This one is still under warranty!! about 8000 Miles ago Hot starting problem High pressure Oil Pump, sensors, Oil feed Tube. I asked Ford to replace the remainder of the injectors to no avail. any ideas what else is going on??? or maybe just the Low fuel pressure from the pump took these injectors out??? how about the rest of the injectors ??Any reason for the POOR fuel economy??

Truck # 2 Loved it until 102,000 miles 4 injectors went out (not Bad if You figure it at one every 25K) more injectors at 122K 3 more 146784 4 injectors now 147096 two more dead, everything else checks out OK.

I was told No Bio so I try to not burn it unless I cannot get to another station and then Just enough. I use only quality fuel (I believe). I use power services fuel additives, I do Not let The trucks set and idle for more then 5-10 minutes, Regular 5000 Mile services as per My Service advisor at FORD Dealers.

Thanks and Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 03:33 PM
The Fat Mod

To POWERSTROKE.ORG

Sorry to hear about all of your problems, but I am sure one of the techs will be along shortly to help you out. Hang in there.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Been With Ford since I was well almost 30 Years. I never had to go through Warranty worries and wonder whether I was coming Home towing or Towed till now. CSR or Customer Service Rep's at Ford have treated Me Like I am Stupid. been diesel inclined on DDA 53 71 149's , John Deere, Volvo, Navistart 7.3 (my old Reliable 7.3's) Perkins, ETC I really Hate to Know and be treated that way!! I read all The bad stuff about the 6.0's but the single wheel has almost 150K and really it is not too bad but we shoot for 250K on The previous 7.3 PS I do not know about that on these seems every month the operating Costs Go UP and UP. Hope the Techs can Help!!!
JM
Old 12-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Sounds too me like you have dirty or are running the wrong kinda of oil in your trucks. I own a 99 7.3 that works hard everyday of it's live. I changed the oil the other week and did not use the Shell rotella because
I heard stories about the Delo 15 40. Well I made a pull this week too Lake Land FL. Buy the time I got there I thought I Had lost the motor. The truck seemed down on power and missed and was louder that usual, I changed the oil today but went back too Shell Rotella hooked to my 40' gooseneck and drove like i had just stole it It's a totally different truck no miss, and has better power, and idles alot better. Just my opinion If it's not motorcraft or Shell oil it dont belong in our trucks.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Been On Rotella 15 W 40 since 1984 Do They Make any other Oil????
JM
Old 12-08-2006, 05:07 PM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffmil1962 View Post
Been On Rotella 15 W 40 since 1984 Do They Make any other Oil????
JM
Not IMO
Old 12-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke Techie

sounds like you need to switch dealers, have some fresh look at them, I know some of these sixers are just prone to bad times, seen some that have made it 150,000 miles never been to a shop others can't go five thousand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.