no boost pressure, poors white smoke. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no boost pressure, poors white smoke.

I just installed my new extreme race tune from innovative. My last tune wouldnt get above 18 pounds of boost so he said he would adjust the vanes on the turbo to get more boost. I installed the tunes and headed out. I got about two miles down the road when i gave it 1/4-1/2 throttle to see what kind of boost it would make. It hit 20 pounds of boost and plummited to zero. My truck afted like I had an anchor attached to it and my speed quickly fell. I came to a stop and could not here any turbo at all. It wouldnt build a pound of boost. I pulled over to make sure all my intercooler pipes are still attached and check for leaks. There are none. THIS IS WITH A 03 TURBO on MY 06 6.0.

I drove the two miles back home and couldnt get above 1200 rpm without blowing a huge trail of white smoke. it will build absolutely no boost at all. I checked to make sure the vgt wires are attached and that the egr ires are attached. No intercooler pipes are leaking either. When my last turbo blew it smoke white smoke from the turbo. This one does nothing; its just like the turbo shut off. I tried to return the tune back to stock but that didnt help.

What could casue the turbo to just shut off. I wasn't even beating on it. I am about to sell the damn truck and buy a cummins at this point. I am so sick of this truck. I hope my turbo is not blown. I am going to let the truck sit overnight and hope that the turbo decides to work tommorow. It doesnt even sound liek the turbo is spinning. it did this once before but I just returned to stock and the turno started to work again. I dont have the money for another tubo, someone help me. My truck is an 0 6.0. It blowing a ton of white smoke at anythign above 1200 rpm. I already called out of work tommorow. i may swap abck my stock turbo tommorow and if that doesnt work the piece of crap is getting towed to the dealer.HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM

bump back to the top
Old 12-01-2008, 06:55 PM

have you pulled the intake hose off the turbo yet to see if the turbo is bad?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:57 PM

its to dark out right now. I am going to be doing that tommorow. If it is not spinning what could cause that. Could it be seized. Any help is appreciated. DO I just pull off the intake and see if it is spinning.

another member thinks its an egr cooler/ egr. Any way to clean this and diagnose if this is the problem. Should I swap out the turbo; or can I drive it the 10 miles ot the dealer. Any help would be great.

Last edited by jonnysteals; 12-01-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:26 PM

its like a 5 min check on the turbo, just pull the hose off and look for bent blades, missing blades, and then grab the nut and wiggle it up and down, it will probably move just a hair up and down, but the blades should never touch the sides, if it passes all that make sure it spins freely, then grab the nut again and pull out a little bit and make sure it doesnt try to pull out, only seen one with a broken shaft from a stuck waste gate and it way over reved..
off the wall question but mine would only make 18 and I changed the ah brain fart, the vac switch between the intake hose and waste gate cant remember what you call it, but mine will make 34 stock no mods, sorry its late
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.