Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fuel pump??????

946 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  FL_SmokinPSD 
#1 ·
Hey i replaced the pump on my 2000 7.3, and the fitting for the return line on fuel bowl(top line on drivers side) that fitting had a small leak but ford didnt have the parts and had to order. i put 50mi on truck and while i was driving it it started to lose power, fast. so i pulled over and pump was whining LOUD, and if i tried to prime it like 10 times it would let out a sputter and die, so replaced pump again and replaced seal so no leak, and it still wont start, pump is making a clicking noise, and is burning hot. If i prime it like 20 times it stumbles, blows a lot of white smoke and dies. Im pretty sure it's got fuel up there because i did pump before i did the seal and it was leaking a lil. HELP!

#5 ·
Okay so get this, i got a piece of tube and a gas can filled with diesel, disconnected the back line on the pump, and attached hose. it started right up ran rough for a min blew alot of white smoke, smoothed out a lil. Then i reconnect hose from tank and start it, drove around the block let it idle for like 15min, and it runs. BUT it feels different, it did a nice hole shot, but when driving and i hit the gas it feels like i lost power.....maybe damaged pump?

Now the question is why wouldnt it prime from pump.....???? ideas????

The connection on the pump from the tank looked a lil wet but not 100% sure if leaking or from install. ...

and to top t off on the way out of the driveway i ran over a screw, i herd it clicking on the road and my dumba$$ does a burn out and rips it out, now my truck runs but i got a flat,lol:banging:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.