Need Part ID! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Part ID!

Just found this forum and seems like it was perfect timing.... I was cleaning the air filter on my 2000 PSD and I noticed that one of the vacuum lines that went to the waste gate actuator was just hanging off, so I put it back on to its rightful place...Then I noticed what looked like duct tape, around the piece of rubber air duct that goes between the turbo and the intake system. Looks like the dealer did a cover up job, because the boot has a huge hole in it, now that he is out of business I cant go back to him. I've looked around for a few days now and none has a clue what the part is called or where to get one. If anyone can help me find out what the part number is or where to get one it would be greatly appreciated. * it seems to have a slight bend in it, and its like a reducer from intake to turbo, 3in to 3.5 or ??? Im sure you guys know what I mean. Thanks! -Pete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by diezel2701 View Post
Just found this forum and seems like it was perfect timing.... I was cleaning the air filter on my 2000 PSD and I noticed that one of the vacuum lines that went to the waste gate actuator was just hanging off, so I put it back on to its rightful place...Then I noticed what looked like duct tape, around the piece of rubber air duct that goes between the turbo and the intake system. Looks like the dealer did a cover up job, because the boot has a huge hole in it, now that he is out of business I cant go back to him. I've looked around for a few days now and none has a clue what the part is called or where to get one. If anyone can help me find out what the part number is or where to get one it would be greatly appreciated. * it seems to have a slight bend in it, and its like a reducer from intake to turbo, 3in to 3.5 or ??? Im sure you guys know what I mean. Thanks! -Pete
Can you get a pic and post it?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 AM

Its the rubber boot in this pic. (not my actual photo but its identical)
Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:

Its the rubber boot in this pic. (not my actual photo but its identical)
I'm working on it for ya.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Don't drive the truck with the hole in that hose. If you suck something into it, there is nothing keeping it from going through the turbo. If it gets to the turbo then you have a big problem.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 PM

The thing that scares me is that Ive owned the truck for 4 years, and I guess I've driven almost 100 mi a day for work with it like that , luckily I quit that job and now im going to school, very locally, hopefully I can get the part soon. Thanks for looking into this for me.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

you can get the hose at ford,just ask for a turbo inlet hose
Old 11-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
The thing that scares me is that Ive owned the truck for 4 years, and I guess I've driven almost 100 mi a day for work with it like that , luckily I quit that job and now im going to school, very locally, hopefully I can get the part soon. Thanks for looking into this for me.
I've got friends that work at 2 Ford dealerships in parts. I will get the number in the morning.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Emergency Services

I DONT KNOW IF THIS HELPS, BUT IF THE AIS KIT REUSES THIS HOSE I HAVE ONE FOR SALE IN THIS KIT. IF IT IS NOT NEEDED FOR THE AIS THEN I COULD SELL IT TO YOU. PRICE IT @ FORD FIRST YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO BUY THIS KIT AS CHEAP, IF YOU HAVE A 99-03 7.3

eBay Motors: FORD AIS AIR CLEANER ASSY. POWERSTROKE, SUPERDUTY,99-03 (item 200276735534 end time Nov-23-08 14:46:49 PST)
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
Here you go bud. The part # is XC3Z-9B659-AA and the list price is $44.22. Hope this helps you out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.