05 6.0L turbo going/gone?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 05 6.0L problems NEED HELP!!

My truck is in my sig below. I was driving to town tonight to get some grub, and to test out my new wheels. I havent ran the truck much in the past few weeks. I let the truck warm up as it is in the 40's today. I drove down the road, all was normal until I got out on the highway. I got up to speed and the truck shifted into overdrive. I lost all boost, dead throttle...then the turbo started doing constant turbo farts and the engine was surging and a fair amount of gray smoke came out and my boost was very erratic, even looked as if it overboosted once...I couldnt get this to stop for maybe a minute or 2...slowed down and tried again. It built boost going thru the gears, but only got to maybe 20-25 psi ever at wot and took a long time for it to build (not the quick boost like usual). Had less power than normal (no air duh ) It shifted down again and I lost boost, but it didnt do the turbo fart stuff like last time. I put it into tow haul to pull out of OD and it seemed to be fine then...I decided to turn around and go home so I didnt blow the darn thing up It acted normal the rest of the way home, unless it shifted into OD then I lost all boost again...and wouldnt re-build til I slowed down to 35 or so....I got my trusty ole ranger and got some grub plus a 12 pack to ease my headache now developing... I am guessing probably coked turbo vains that are sticking or egr valve stuck...I am going to call my buddies at the dealer and see if they can provide any insight...it is under warranty and hopefully they can cover it...right now the truck is stock just w/ a strait pipe and edge insight for the gauges. Any insight/help/advice would be great to ease my mind...Oh yea I still love the truck and wouldnt trade it for anything even thought it frustrates me from time to time!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited by smokin_h; 11-14-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.