2011 6.7 159k Miles Complete Engine Failure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 6.7 159k Miles Complete Engine Failure

To start off, I own a 2011 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7 with 159K miles. I purchased it 12 months ago with 39k miles. Fluids are changed religiously by my local Ford dealer.

Driving down the road yesterday pulling 15k at 68 mph I lost power and immediately pulled on to the side of the interstate. As I was slowing I realized there as a loud knock that increased with rpm. From best I could tell there was a hint of fuel smell in the oil when I checked it.

I've seen the random issues that the C&C trucks have but are there any known issues that are happening on the normal trucks? Or just random instances of failure?

Once the warranty is up I assume Ford offers nothing but is there a chance to expect any help if this is happening on other trucks?

Thoroughly disappointed. Had just started shopping for a second truck and was looking at a 14' C&C but now I'm terrified of spending such a large amount of money for something that could let go in 12 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update: Service guy just called. Dropped a valve and entire motor is shot. They're recommending a complete drop in($18k) versus just the longblock(13k). The logic is contaminated oil containing metal shavings could have killed a turbo, etc. and putting it back together only to find out there are more problems would mean the cab is coming back off.

Any thoughts? Do these numbers sound right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.