Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1996 PS no start need a little advise from the pros
Glad to meet everyone. I am a regular on a few boating sites and came over here seeking a little help. I have a 1996 F-350 P/S diesel sitting in my driveway. belongs to a good friend of mine. I am the local mechanic for most of my friends, I have been around vehicles all of my life. Although I am not a P/S guru, it would seem I need one now.
Here is the issue.
He was sitting at the fuel station in line waiting to fill up, not on Empty either, truck shut off, has not started since. I had my Dad tow it to my house and here is what I have done.
1. replaced CPS, using Echlin from NAPA replacement part.
2. it has the standard mechanical lift pump behind the fuel filter, it has over 10 psi at the schrader valve using a standard fuel pressure gauge to test.
3. completely charged the batteries, before testing to ensure full cranking capacity
4. using a hyd pressure gauge in one of the head oil ports HPOP is pushing 2000 PSI at fast turn over.
check each and every fuse individually, at both locations
5. checked and replaced relays.
checked harnesses for chafing
6. scanned engine..NO CODES
7. tach moves a little while cranking
8.WTS light functions normally
9. Engine light cycles for a very short second when turning ignition on.
10. engine is full of oil, slightly over full????
11. removed, checked and replaced oil filter to check for internal signs, good compression.
What do you think????
Thank you in advance for your help,