94.5 No start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
94.5 No start

So my truck died on me a couple weeks ago. 1994.5 F350 94k miles. Had it towed to a friends shop, he hooked it up to his Snap On scan tool, no codes. Was told to replace the CPS, got a OEM Ford, still no start. Was told it could be the Glow plugs, i personally didnt think so but since i knew the previous owner had cheap ones in it, it was a good time to replace everything. Installed new Beru Glow plugs, Dorman SD UVCH, went over entire harness to look for shorted wires, Soldered and shrink wrapped new UVCH pig tails, double checked to make sure i had each wire wired correct! Got everything back together and of course, NO START! Thought it might be the IPR sticking so i pulled the fuel bowl and IPR, replaced fuel filter 5-6k miles ago, looked inside fuel bowl and sand?/ sediment on bottom and caked on screen between fuel bowl and FPR. Completely blocked! Couldnt even see light through it! Clean EVERYTHING, put back together. Had a friend hook up the GPR and had the washers on the wrong side. Started Cranking and made sure fuel bowl was filling. It was. After it filled it finally FIRED!! WooHoo. but smoke was comming from the GPR so i quickly turned it off and thought maybe it was wired wrong... double checked everything, replaced GPR with a OEM Ford. Still cant get it to fire again... ill go through everything again tonight but any ideas are welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Also, I am gettin the WTS light (comes on and goes off as normal), Rpms move while cranking, checked HPOP res and was full, Changed fuel filter, and im getting a little white smoke while cranking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.