Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

08 6.4L NO START DTC 2291 and 2269

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  OrangeBronc79 
#1 ·
Background: Truck has been running great with no issues. About 2 weeks ago, I had a friend who totalled his truck, and had a aux tank in his bed. We drained the fuel from that into my truck. After about 10 gallons were in the truck my buddy noticed a lot of water in the transfer line. Long story short, we stopped and I had to drain my water bowl under the truck about once every 2 days, but I had a full tank for the most part. About 4 days ago, the little plastic drain valve lever broke off the lpfp on the frame rail, so I have not been able to drain. I parked the truck last night (still no performance issues or codes other then water in fuel: P2269). Was low on fuel (low fuel light on), thought I was going out last night, but didn't so I plugged it in and it sat overnight. Got down to about 9 degrees last night.

Went out to pull the truck out of the driveway this morning. Crank, crank, crank... nothing and it displayed the wrench and 2 codes: P2269 and P2291. Took another truck to do what I had to do, stopped by the parts store, grabbed new fuel filter set. When I pulled the filter out of the LPFP, there was a lot of grit and water that came out with the filter. Clean out the bowl as best I could with brake clean and let it dry then put in the new filter.

Cycled the key twice and tried starting, nothing... Changed out the filter on top of the motor. When I pulled out this filter, again more grit and water. Drained the main bowl and scrubbed the bottom of the bowl. Put in the new filter and sealed it back up. Cycled the key 6 times, cracked the engine filter cap and let the air bleed out. Then cycled 2 more times and bleed the air one more time. Cycled the key until the pump turned off 2 more times.

Still nothing, any help/ suggestions? Could this just be frozen water in the lines somewhere clogging something? I did put in 5 fresh gallons of diesel today with a cup or so of diesel kleen.

HELP!

UPDATE: It was 61 degrees today. I now have another "water in fuel error: DTC 2269" error. I have no way to drain and it still shows DTC 2291 after cranking.

It has a fresh 5 gallons of diesel and a 1/2 gallon of power service + 1 bottle of diesel 9-1-1. I tried cracking the rear banjo on the exit side of the cooler. I let it cycle through 2 key-on LPFP running cycles and bled off the front schrader.

Still nothing.

Is my HPFP f'd? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.