Need a good Mechanic in Santa Rosa, CA area - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need a good Mechanic in Santa Rosa, CA area

I just bought a 2006 F-350 Dually Flatbed 4x4, 6 speed with 140000 miles on it.
I was on my way back to Southern Oregon and my pulley tension assembly broke off!!!! Both bolts are broken off and threaded parts are stuck in the motor housing.....arrrgh. I have two questions: is it possible to drill out hardened bolts? And who can recommed a good mechanic that knows the 6.0l engine, in Santa Rosa, California? I am stuck here. I don't want to bring it to the Dealership. I am worried they would charge me a lot for such repair. What are my options? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Maybe tack weld a nut to the back of the studs left (not much heat at all!) and back it out like a bolt. Just what has worked for me on similar issues...hope you get it worked out!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Premium Member

i have drilled out hardend bolts and reverse threaded them but it is NOT easy. can't help you on a good mechanic in san jose BUT there is a thread listing trusted mechanicsd in california I will try to find a link but perhaps someone more computer savy than myself can find you a link to it. cant say for sure BUT it is probably a good place to look
Old 01-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My work is in south sf where we could easily have it done but as far as Santa Rosa can't offer much advice...wish I knew some more people up north. If it was San Jose I'm right next to you and it's no problem! Hope you get it all figured out!
Old 01-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

First of all, thanks for the advice. I had my truck towed to Santa Rosa Diesel and they got the bolts out somehow and put new belts on. A little over a thousand bucks for the repair. Not too cheap, but it could have gotten way more expensive. I have read online that a Ford dealership would have replaced the whole front engine cover. .......big $$$$$$$
Old 01-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofiutnuss View Post
First of all, thanks for the advice. I had my truck towed to Santa Rosa Diesel and they got the bolts out somehow and put new belts on. A little over a thousand bucks for the repair. Not too cheap, but it could have gotten way more expensive. I have read online that a Ford dealership would have replaced the whole front engine cover. .......big $$$$$$$
DAMN glad you got it fixed but....DAMN

at least you are back on the road again
Old 01-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah, what a shocker. I know, the truck needed some work, but this kind of repair I did not anticipate.
I still have to drive it up to southern Oregon. That is where I live. I just hope the truck will not give me any trouble on my trip back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.