skipping - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
skipping

any ideas on this?- 04 6.0 sct auto , towing a trailer full of equiptment back from the fair, sct set for 65hp towing w/jake brake . i stop at a light and the truck starts skipping bad! very low power when i take off no cel no smoke of any kind the skip comes and goes gets worse and gets better , i stop to get some food check everything over , let the truck set for about an hour when i start it it runs fine , then starts skipping bad all of a sudden comes out of it runs great for an hour then i stop at a light and it starts all over again. made it home all guages stay in the norm no cel no smoke???????? injector? wiring harness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Codes????? Possibly an injector or wiring.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

there were no codes for the first 2 days ,and the skip would come and go , today i took off the turbo and checked to make sure the vanes were not rusty or sooty there was no rust and very minimal soot however there was a head of a bolt inside the " remanufactured turbo " exhaust side just floating around very small stainless looks identical to those behind the turbine wheel but none were missing i could see no damage done any where , put it back togeather left the "floatie" out and when i started it up it immediately started to skip threw a code 263 injector 1 fault or valvetrain, and then ran fine till i got home now it is doing the same thing again . no check eng light no codes. i did wiggle the wires at injector 1 and it immediately smoothed out i let go now i cant get it to stop skipping . i think i will try to pull the valve cover and check inside when she cools off? well see what happens , i have to pull friday and i want 8 not 7 cyls
Old 09-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like the wiring for the injector is damaged. If its on the harness side try getting a new connector, if its in the injector side a new injector is neccesary.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

fixed- injector 1 the bolt that holds the top togeather near wiring had come loose the nut was never crimped and was laying in the top of the head, i think i could have fixed it with new bolt and nut but didnt have time to risk doing it twice so i put in a new injector thanks for the input . still a little concerned about the bolt i took out of the turbo makes me wonder about the quality of remanufactured parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.