08-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Sweet Unit is down! UPDATE: She's Fixed!!!
Hey everyone. I think my FICM has finally given up the ghost. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of the woods on a camping trip and my truck won't start. Thanfully, I have plenty of supplies in the trailer, but we may be here a few extra days until I can get towed. Here are my symptoms:
- Turns over
- Gray smoke
- Engine turns over faster, but never quite gets going
- Wait to start light works
- Did I mention gray smoke? (lots of it and smells like unburnt diesel)
- batteries are both fully charged
- Received 8 FICM codes off and on over the past several months
Unfortunately, I cannot confirm correct fuel pressures, but would assume everything is fine on that front due to the amount of gray smoke.
Last edited by Evil Eye; 09-02-2008 at 03:07 PM.