1996 7.3 psd no start!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bdpprocessors
1996 7.3 psd no start!!!

allright i got out of school today and my truck started up as usual then it started jumping like it wasnt getting enough fuel so i drove to the gas station about a mile away and shut it off and filled on tank up.

then i tried to start it again and no start at all .

i tried for about 4 minutes and gave up so i poped the hood and checked the fuel filter and it was just fine

next i took out the fuel filter and the cap and tried to crank it to see if it was putting more fuel into the bowl. and none was gettin in.

one of my friends comming home from shcool saw me and stopped i asked her to get up on thebumper and watch the bowl while i cranked . she said it was just bubbling out of the bottom...

i think this means the lines need to be purged? but i'm thinking its possible that one of my pumps is going bad because its been acting up a bit latley if its been idling for a while it dont wana keep going it takes it a second to rev up.

and ive also noticed a loss of power . if anyone knows what could be wrong please help out . i dont have the money to get a mechanic to fix it and my dad said he would help me replace any parts that need to be replaced. i'm thinking its either a lift pump or the injection pump. but yall let me kno what you think. thanks alot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.