bad fuel bowl heater? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bad fuel bowl heater?

Ok so I have a 96 powerstroke that randomly died and shows all the symptoms of the bowl heater going out the wts light wont come on it keeps popping fuse 22 so I replcaed the filter unhooked the fuel bowl heater by the one brown wire put it back in unplugged and replaced the fuse but still got nothing like no fueljist motor trying tocrank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

9h andfor some weird reason it ran with a fuse that was 10 amps higher before I unplugged the heater I
Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the same problem with mine last year. Element is in the fuel filter housing under the filter. It ha come loose from the insulators and shorted to the plate it is attached to. I checked and aftermarket it was about 70$. So, I removed it from the housing and capped off the wires attached to it. Drove to Maine in February last year. No problems. If you live where it is sub zero slot, just replace it. Check your glow plug relay. Left side of fuel filter. Check further back in the wiring harness. Mine had melted the wire insulation and caused it to blow the fuse again. I never put an oversized fuse in, but it still melted the wire.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also, May have popped a smaller fuse that controlls it.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you I did alot of looking up on this and its what you said the fuel bowl heater I unhooked it and I guess I put in the wrong fuse like a retard lol but its all running good now. So now I know what it is nust need the new fuel bowl heater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.