Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 6.0L stalling when cold, like you turned the key off. no black smoke.

840 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SuddenImpact67 
#1 ·
When the truck is cold it runs a bit rough but there is no white or black smoke.
It will the shut off just like you turned the key off. It will fire right up again and run for a bit and do the same thing. Once the engine warns completely it is file.
FICM is OK, new glow plugs, oil and fuel fiters. The Check Engine light is not on. If it was the injectors I would think it would be putting out black smoke.

Any Ideas
Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the site! Couple thoughts, 1 do you have a monitor? You stated that your ficm volts are good so Im guessing so but Im curious what your alernator's putting out and what you FICM is putting out.
2. Is this something that has just started with the cold weather? If so what kind of oil are you running?
3. Have you had your batt's checked out lately?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I just installed two new batteries. FICM is 48 volts, cycled the key did drop to 47 for a second. It has the same problem in warn weather too. I left it in the garage with the heat on set at 75 degrees. Same thing. The alternator also tested good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.