2004 6.0 no power above 1750, no codes, hard to start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 6.0 no power above 1750, no codes, hard to start

First time posting here. I am visiting in Uruguay, South America. A friend here bought a 2004 f350 6.0 with 90k miles. Will start but only after holding accelerator down and cranking for about 20 seconds. Once running, it idles fine, oil pressure sensor goes to zero at idle, has ok power up to 1750rpm but goes completely flat after that and no codes. It goes so flat so abruptly and consistently at 1750rpm that I'm guessing its electronic. I also don't have access to a scan tool that will read ICP, IPR, FICM, etc. I cleaned the variable geometry turbo amount other things. I haven't changed the engine oil and filter yet as they are hard to come by (no ford dealer). I swear I've read every post regarding the 03-04 and beyond 6.0 from every site and watched every youtube video as well but correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that not many come back with the concrete solutions their particular problems. What I've described can't be so isolated. PLEASE, someone out there must know more!?!? With no scan tools I'm losing my mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmiadam View Post
oil pressure sensor goes to zero at idle,
Gauge on the dash reads zero at idle? Check your oil pressure, without good low pressure oil, you're not going anywhere. You may need to have someone ship you some Motorcraft filters and some oil so you're not chasing your tail.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I hear ya. Gonna check here in a few to make sure it's got a ford filter already in it. I hear ford brand makes a difference. Im trying to get some filters but looks like I'll have to get someone from the states to bring me some. Will that or weak oil cause the no power above 1750 condition?
Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm wondering if the low pressure oil pump is unable to supply enough oil for the high pressure system....maybe 1750 is where it runs out of oil. Check your oil pressure and we'll go from there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'll be looking at the truck again soon. Trying to get some basics brought to me (scan tool, oil filter, fuel filters). With the 6.0 I'm really shooting in the dark without a scan tool. Can only use simple voltage/resistance meter and common sense at this point.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Back in Uruguay! Brought an AE OBDII + software! P0046, P0113, P0284, P0480, P1000, hard to start, no power above half throttle then no power at all above 2,000rpm, low pressure oil gauge doesn't rise at all, reading below the 5~7psi necessary to trigger gauge until about ~1,000rpm on up, ICP actual and ICP desired are close unless under a load or above >2,000rpm where desired will read 1,900psi and actual will fall back down to 500~600psi from say a high of 1,150psi. Low oil pressure oil pump not able to supply HPOP? by Sargar? From what I've read I'll be unable to read it without a real oil pressure sender. Should I pull the low pressure oil pump apart to see if the parts are worn?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.