Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

help misfire at part throttle on 7.3

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  farmtruck86 
#1 ·
Hey all, So here's the problem back in august my truck started idling rough and had loss of power when cold and noticed that on cold starts it would smoke more then normal. I ran a buzz test and all 8 buzzed and passed but #8 seemed quieter then the rest so i did a CCT test and the test came back With P0284 cylinder 8 balance so i pulled the valve cover and checked the amount of oil coming out the injectors on that bank and all seemed normal except 8. I ordered a new #8 injector from accurate diesel and installed it a couple of weeks ago and now at part throttle around 30mph i have a misfire when i had the valve covers off i inspected the harness and the connector and they looked good no burnt pins or chaffing and i ran codes again and the only codes i have are for the ebp sensor which i haven't had hooked up for years my question is can i have a bad UVC harness and not have a CEL or any codes come up or is it possible that the new injector is bad? The truck is a 02 with 122k on it. Also i did a buzz test today and it passed all 8 buzzed loud but it still failed CCT on cylinder 8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.