early 99 runs fine then chugs and dies - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
early 99 runs fine then chugs and dies

it all started when i ran some bad wvo in the truck. i went to the walmart parking lot and drained the whole tank of diesel and wvo in the drain. i went and bought a gallon of peanut oil and poured it in her. she ran fine and i filled her up of diesel. she ran good for about 2 weeks. now she will run fine then loose power and chug and i can hear a almost whooshing sound under the hood. at times it will idle and run fine and ill be doing 65 on crusie and she will slowly die down and then just die and wont start for about 5 mins then will run terribly and chug and will build up rpms but will barely move. the other day this happend when i would cut on the ac it had such a strain on the motor it would die. im on my fourth forty dollar fuel filter within 3 weeks. please help. i have read error codes and i have 1249 0475 1211 0470. i also have superchips and 4 inch exhaust. i believe all the error codes relate to those mods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bump please help need truck to get to work
Old 07-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

bump bump bump
Old 07-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just rolled other truck need help now

bumpbumpbumpbump
Old 07-27-2008, 07:16 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

im not sure , but im wondering about the screens in the tank , maybe they have gotten clogged , p1211 can be from a tuner , but can also be caused by low fuel pressure
Old 07-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thats what i think
Old 07-27-2008, 07:21 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

i believe from what ive read thats where i would start
Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yea i guess i need to drop the tank
Old 07-27-2008, 07:52 PM

Are you running WVO in a separate fuel system (e.g. Vegistroke) or are you putting straight into your stock tank? I know some people are doing that and totally trashing their engines. You end up building up carbon in your engine because the oil is not burning properly because it is not viscous enough. But I'd probably start by checking into the fuel pressure issue too. As far as I know there are no screens in our fuel tanks if they are stock (I've got an early 99 too) so I would not be real eager to drop the tank. I would take a look at your fuel pump (right under your driver side seat on the inside of the frame rail) and take off the outlet fuel line, have a buddy turn your truck to on and see what if the pump is pushing fuel hard or not. You'll want to make sure you do that in an area that you can spill some diesel and use a big oil pan or something for the turning the pump on part because it'll should shoot out of there pretty good. You could get your hands on a fuel pressure guage and check your pressure at that same spot. Should be between 45 and 57 (I think) according to the Chilton manual. Once you've got that figured out you can fix the pump issue or move on up the line and see what your injectors are doing. If you've been changing out your fuel filters its probably going to be a problem beyond that like your injectors or maybe even your hpop. Whats your mileage?
On a side note you really should not drain your diesel into a drain in a parking lot, its a really irresponsible thing for someone to do and could get you arrested.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it was all wvo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.