SCT Tuner - URGENT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation SCT Tuner - URGENT

Hey guys! Anyone wanna help a damsel in distress?

I bought the SCT Tuner with custom tunes for my F-250 some 6 months ago. I haven't used it since installing the performance tune. BUT NOW I need to tow the 5th wheel 1st thing in the AM. My rig is all hitched up & ready to rock & roll Daddy-O But here is the rub... I cannot power up that tuner unit! I have the manual (no help there) Plug it in & nada!! ZIP!! It's the X3_SF3

I got to go in tow mode! What am I doing wrong please?

Dead batteries? I don't see a place for any on the unit... Really appreciate a snappy come back ya'll!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check your fuses! I think the port is also tied in lighter. Also, make sure you plug it in with the engine off the key out of the ignition ( I know you already know this!)
Old 07-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its on the same fuse as your cigerette lighter
Old 07-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Premium Member

There is nothing wrong with my fuses boys. & I've plugged it into my computer... the same one that installed the custom tunes... It does not power up there either! *sob*
Old 07-19-2008, 02:30 PM

i am not in anyway tryin to be a smart azz but i would say the sct is messed up since the fuse for the obd2 port is good just my .02
Old 07-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Premium Member

What does "messed up" mean? It's brand new (only used once) & has been kept in climate controlled area.
Does this mean I don't get to tow my RV?
Old 07-19-2008, 02:42 PM

i read of guys that have dropped them and then they wouldn't work or like anything else it could be defective
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Premium Member

I have not dropped it or damaged it in any way shape or form. When I pay dang near $500 for a gadget I keep it in the original box & in secured location at all times.

Does anyone out there actually use one of these themselves? How about a local dealer you might know personally. I'm in Fort Worth & not the least bit shy about calling someone at home or on cell for emergency assistance. These tuners will work for 5 locks. IF anyone has a tuner I have my strategies & will pay for one of your locks to get rolling.

Any SCT guys? Hellooooooo?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:29 PM

i would just tow in the performance tune for now as long as you have gauges which i hope you do. i towed a 10k lbs toy hauler with street tune with no problems. i always watched the egt's and if they got too high, i would just take the od off. also i heard of peoples harness from the sct go bad. wiggle the harness when plugged in and see if it turns on.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Premium Member

Yeppers Jeff I do believe its possible.
My journey is not very far. I do have gauges but not exhaust temp. You are probably right about the current tune being capable. I found a local fella, who sells SCT tuners, to chat with on the phone. He says they are solid state units that would be able to withstand normal abuse. Only 2 things could go wrong according to Chip @ CHiP'S V6 Specialties, those being either the connectors had "gone bad" as you mentioned OR the circuit board was a bad manufacture & just "went out". Chip suggested that I go ahead to tow also as his understanding of the street tunes would be fairly close to the original factory settings.

Monday I will call Innovative Performance to tell salesperson Ted of this situation. You know I wanted the Live Wire anyway & he talked me out of it because "you probably will not use those other features enough to justify the extra $200" In other words... "You are a girl & can't possibly need those kind of extras" (like EGT monitoring from dash mount). IF Teddy does not have a working solution I will definitly be contacting SCT Corporate. The competition for chips & tunes is to fierce to be letting any customers down. Chip says SCT is a great company & they will listen to me & try to fix the problem. I hope he is right...

Hey Guys!! Thanks bunches & bunches for your time & attention.
See ya'll at Caddo Mills If you are going to the North Texas PowerStroker Rally!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.