6.0 with problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 with problems

I'm currently working on a 03 f250 with the 6.0 that has nothing but problems.

Heres the history on this truck as far as i know.

Last October the HPOP was replaced.
Last Month the number 2 injector was replaced. the mechanic that replaced it somehow screwed the injector up and he had to remove and install another one. But he managed to screw it up again. The third time a different mechanic replaced it correctly.

Now the truck will only crank. the ecu was throwing a code for a crank position sensor. So we replaced that with a new one from Ford. Then it threw a code for a icp sensor. So we replaced that with a new one from Ford also. Before that i had the scanner hooked up and watched the realtime data and the icp voltage was at 0.15 and wasnt showing icp pressure. Once we replaced it Icp press was 1622 - 1633 while cranking but icp voltage was 0.0. We've checked all the wiring, fuses, everything for any leaks but cannot find any. I have even pulled the valve covers to check for leaks while cranking. None.

My boss told me that the HPOP is going to bneed to be replaced again but to search for any other possibilities first. So is there any other options?
Also are there any online diagrams/instructions for HPOP removal and installation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Someone with the expertise will show up and help.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok look for several things first make sure you have base engine oil pressure. If so then you need to check for leaks in the hp oil system could be a branch tube or som,ething of that nature. If you find nothing then I would say replace the pump. If its under 12000 miles since that last replacement you can use SPW (service part warranty) to replace it.

Im just guessing you work for a dealership. If not then replace the pump anyways it will just cost them.

How did they screw up an injector on a 6.0L? Ive done it on 7.3 before by putting the bolts in the wrong spot. and the snap........well we all kn,ow how things happen on these trucks.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunly81 View Post
If you find nothing then I would say replace the pump. If its under 12000 miles since that last replacement you can use SPW (service part warranty) to replace it.
the truck has 140+ miles so theres no warranty left.

Another question is how can i remove the hpop without removing the cab?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

12k miles since the last pump install. There is a 12k 12 mo warranty on all parts.

Just pull the turbo off and take the ipr and icp out. Then remove the hpop cover....youll need either my little special bent wrench or som,e patience to get the 3 bolts from, under the egr cooler and they will stay with the pump plate so dont even try to get them out. Loosen your y pipe tubes at the manifold and remove the egr cooler exhaust clamp. then pop the plate off and remove the bolts and the pump. it takes about 4.5 hrs with cleaning the surface to remove and install. If its your first just dont get frustrated with it and take your time. Any questions just ask me or any other techs on here.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well it took me about 6.5 hours to get the hpop out, which that was a pain in the rear. the customer came and picked it up and got a remanufactered one. so ill be busy tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It gets easier with time.......just dont let them frustrate you.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I might not know what i'm talking about but didn't the 03 have a recall on the pig tail for the icp sensor I've heard that some where before You probley are way ahead of me but i thought i'd throw it in
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Its not a recall but a TSB is out for that concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.