6.0 hpos issue customer getting p***ed! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 hpos issue customer getting p***ed!

Hey guys this is my first post on the forums, I usually stroll around and find my answers fairly easy, mainly because you guys are awesome. I've daig'd and repaired well over 100 powerstrokes, but this one has me stumped and we've had it for over a week. quick rundown...
The truck is a 2006 F250 with a 6.0 powerstroke.
It came in with an issue of restarting after it was warm. Truck was air tested with valve covers and hpop cover off. Initially only air we heard was from the natural spot: the weep hole in the back of the pump. However there was a piece of metal sticking out of said weep hole which led us to conclude it was an issue with the pump itself. Pump was replaced along with IPR. After replacing it before starting it we air tested it again and began to hear a looooot of air escaping from every single injector. Our pump is set to 100psi and we've never experienced air leakage like that at injectors. We decided to disregard this re assymbled the truck and it fired off after four cranks or so. Drove it, got it hot, killed it, no start.
We have as of today replaced the following
IPR
Hpop
ICP
Dummy Plugs
Stand Pipes
Injector Pit o-rings
Injector O-rings
Oil rail nipple cup o-rings
and we have swapped a different oil rail to air check it with the same result.

We get base oil pressure, and scan shows a little over 200psi when trying to start, and never will go over 2k when driving vigorously. Any and all suggestions will be so very much appreciated. My head is spinning from trying to figure this one out. Thanks in advance,
Jamie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oh and if this isn't a proper thread I apologize, It just feels like a 911 situation hahaha.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Is there a ford oil filter and ford cap being used. I've seen aftermarket filters cause a no start before.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes, and the oil filter stem is intact. We have had problems with those as well.

As far as we can tell base oil is not an issue.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you follow the Ford TSB for anytime you open up anything related to the hpos?
I found it once and posted it but can't find my previous post. Lol. Imagine that.

Says something along the lines of doing multiple WOT runs in short 10-15 sec bursts to make sure all air is bled out of the system

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes sir, we run all of them hard and quick. We've test driven this one roughly ten or fifteen times all after different tests and replacements. Air should have worked itself out, but even if there were air I would imagine that would give an issue starting at any time cold or hot, this is only a hot start issue. Starting it cold it starts within three to five seconds. Still at a loss and i'll try anything!
Thanks
Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You have a high pressure oil leak somewhere. Did to change the fitting from pump to branch tubes? Are you sure your new sensors are working? Are your branch tubes cracked?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

as much of the branch tubes that we were able to see, there were no noticable issues, air test only leaks out of either injector pits or nipple cups on the oil rail. We've had 2 ipr's and 2 icp's of which we know are working properly as they were either new or out of another running truck. I would imagine if branch tubes were cracked down under the head or inside the block area we would have a lot of air flow there and little to none at injectors. Thank you for your input it may be something we have to look into but if I'm not mistaken the branch tubes require head removal and that is a last last last resort for us
Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

And yes STC fitting has been replaced.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had one that blew the oring out of the stc fitting and only figured it out by taking the cover off and spinning the motor over. Saw oil running down the back plate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.