rev up - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rev up

have a 04 6.0l it rev up beetween 60-80 km/h, sometimes a idle the rev for no reason shoots up about 200 rpm, @ 1800 rpm or more it sounds and drives good, had filters changed recently, it has 169 000km. have extended warranty.taugh it might of been the brake module but unplugged it and the symtoms are still there after 200km drive, it did rev up once in gear idling (while mooving)in the parking lot yesterday??? would egr need clean???? the revsup are occasional especially @ 80km/h which is a speed we deal with quite ofthen around town, any suggestion before i take to dealer?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i'm proceeding with cleaning the egr, i get good mileage i guess and just came back towing a 38 5th wheel without any problem, lots of power, turbo kicks in and can hear the sweet whistle, it is at lower range that she likes to rev up ????? waiting for filter and will get tranny flush just in case, it due anyway
Old 06-22-2008, 02:38 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

may want to get codes pulled , cleaning the egr is a very temporary fix , the valve may be bad it is also very possible to have a icp sensor acting up on that model, more so if its the icp mounted in the back of the engine un der the turbo, codes would be a good idea
Old 06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

check code, even no engine light on, got a chip thingny but have not yet send to reprogram, paid 20 buck for it, but it does read codes without having the vin lock thingny, not a mechanic, i'm a welder (alloys). will do that @ work tomorrow running out of time tonight, cleaned the egr and it move with making that back and forward noise if it is like truck gas that means okay i guess, cleaned my new afe filter also 10000 km was due. fuel filter 6000km, ordered some too. thanks for your time and correct me if i'm wrong, i like doing my own stuff.
ps the egr picture and location helped, good site.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

p0488, and p0407 are the two codes. the truck did run a bit better but still notice the revs up, not as much , maybe i'm paying too much attention to it?????
Old 06-23-2008, 04:53 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

p0488 is acalibration problem, needs the correct program, p0470 is a ebp sensor code , may want to replace sensor and connector, i feel like the scanner you are using isnt getting all the codes out of it , alot of scanners/tuners etc. will only give generic codes , and will not give all codes in system, may want to get a good scanner on it and further diag
Old 06-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i'm confused? code i got 407 and you talk about 470?????
i'm i better to go to dealer?????? try my friends scanner??????
tuner i was using is a superchips 1704 max micro tuner made for the 04-05 6.0l turbo diesel.
if it is like gas engine a small problem in the wrong hands/dealer can be very costly,alain.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

took a ready from friend code reader and nothing went for a drive while it was activated, nothing, then put mine on nothing, and it didn't rev up???? wait and see i guess.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

going to ford on monday!
Old 06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no codes checked twice, can it be water in system??????? will replace fuel filter when they arrive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.