Fuel leak very bad!!! 95 f350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Fuel leak very bad!!! 95 f350

In the valley of the engine it fills up with fuel and then drips constantly on to the road.I just noticed it and I am not sure how to go about it It is coming out from around the fuel filter area. I am not sure if it is the pump there? But, I cant see exactly where? I have seen It once before on someone else's rig, but I dont recall the remedy.Do I have to remove the turbo? What could be leaking? I am really not sure what to do.

Last edited by nards_13; 10-24-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Premium Member

welcome to the forum! im sure someone will have an idea
Old 10-25-2006, 09:33 AM

A friend of mine had a prob. like that on a 99. I would guess that it's leaking where you can drain the water from the fuel by the filter. I'm not sure if you have that on a 95 but there was one on the 99. Anyway if that's all it is it's a simple fix and you replace a part that costs about 55.00 from ford. Takes a torqs head screwdriver and 4 screws. However I don't have a 95 and don't know if it's the same thing. So one of the smarter techs will prob. give you better advice. Hang in there its prob. a simple fix.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you opened the valve to drain the filter recently? I did that after a "Water in Fuel" light and had a portion of the heater element wedge into the valve, causing a leak. Had to have the whole assembly rebuilt.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Re: leak

If it is your fuel pump, you can change it without removing the turbo. It takes some patience and time. There are some threads on here that discuss the changing of this type of pump. I had to change mine and it wasn't too bad. If I fine the thread I'll post the link.

Jim
Old 10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Re: Link on Fuel pump replacement discussion

http://www.powerstrokeforum.com/foru...ead.php?t=1220

hope this helps

Jim
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Fuel Leak

I have a96 f-250 powerstroke and had a problem sounds just like yours i put 22.00 dollars in fuel in my truck 3 blocks later on empty just pouring out . well turns out it was my fuel canister had eriousion built up, then causing little bitty pin hole.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Nuckin' Futz

It sounds like a Fuel Pump...they have a weep hole in the bottom of them and when the diaphram goes bad it leaks out the weep hole. The water drain usually drains ALOT of fuel directly under the engine and it usually drains down on your steering linkage. The Fuel pump leaks out the back and drips down on the tranny. 99 didn't have the lift pump in the valley. Ford moved it to the frame rail and made it electric instead of mechanical. Check the water drain though...its a yellow tab on the side of the Fuel Filter bowl...to close it it should be pointing straight forward or slightly to the driver side. if it is slightly toward the passenger side of the truck it is open.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sounds like my problem

i smell the fuel when in front amd under the hood of my 7.3l 99..no drips i can just smell it..i have no clue what the problem is...any ideas? thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

its possible the vaccum switch for the fuel filter light is leaking. 95...its on the back side of the fuel bowl, on the bottom. Need a mirror to see it. I may have my years mixed up...it was on the fuel regulator in 96/97.

Clean everything around the fuel bowl real good, start the truck, and start looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.