2004 6.0 Please help 0.0 oil psi - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 6.0 Please help 0.0 oil psi

I have good base oil psi, fills filter housing fine. 0.0 psi at the icp, that is with a manual gauge at icp port. Pressurized the hpoil sytem, no leaks,. I took the cover off of the hpop, fittings, orings, everything fine. help please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So is anyone out there??
Old 09-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Maybe i should start off better? with more info. I have a 2004 6.0 Harley. I pulled into my shop to replace the silicon elbow on turbo return. Decided to clean turbo while there. Put all back together and went to start, nothing just cranks and cranks. So i thought maybe some wire chaffing or connection, something simple....yeah right, now on week two of diagnosing the issue. Started off by pulling codes, came out with 2623, so went to the IPR with buddies snap on scan tool to watch and see if the IPR was functioning. Seemed to be, came up to 85% trying to get the oil to build pressure, the icp actual said 0.0, and the ecu wanted 1450psi.... So my thought then was lpop, i removed the filter and pushed down drain valve, filter housing filled up in 5-6 seconds, and when I released the valve oil drained. Thought maybe that the plunger was sticking a bit on the regulator to lpop, took it out cleaned looked fine. So then though hp leak... Hooked fitting into ICP took off the hpop cover, pressurized and system held pressure.... dummy plugged the turbo drain back tube... no leaks... So where im at, is that i seem to be loosing oil to feed the hpop from the filter housing..... I dont get it, i understand there are two bypasses in the filter housing, but trying to figure out how it could actuall y be fixed without replacing the whole housing, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i wish i could help you out, but i do remember reading something like this at powerstrokenation.com you might want to check there for answers if you haven't got any yet or haven't checked there yet. they referred me here for my issue, hopefully they can help you. best of luck
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you fluegy, I was actually able to resolve my problem on the 911 forum. It ended up being two things that worked together, to make difficult. Broken drain back valve assembly, and the filter housing canister!! Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.