Go Go pedal doesn't work??????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go Go pedal doesn't work???????

Ok, here's what happened. I pulled up in my driveway, stopped the truck but it was still in drive, I went to back out, and push the go pedal and nothing. I put the truck in park and thetried to rev the enigne but nothing. The gauges where operating but when I push the pedal the tach did not move. I shut the truck off and it was kinda hard to start but it started. It appeared to run right, I drove 80 miles round trip, stopping at 6 stores and the truck starts and runs fine. It's a 2005 Excursion with the 6.0. Only Mods are a zoodad. Any insight would be appreciated, D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big One View Post
Ok, here's what happened. I pulled up in my driveway, stopped the truck but it was still in drive, I went to back out, and push the go pedal and nothing. I put the truck in park and thetried to rev the enigne but nothing. The gauges where operating but when I push the pedal the tach did not move. I shut the truck off and it was kinda hard to start but it started. It appeared to run right, I drove 80 miles round trip, stopping at 6 stores and the truck starts and runs fine. It's a 2005 Excursion with the 6.0. Only Mods are a zoodad. Any insight would be appreciated, D
Possible throttle position sensor (accelerator pedal). Might have it scanned for codes.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
Possible throttle position sensor (accelerator pedal). Might have it scanned for codes.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

Thanks, I'll have it checked out, D
Old 06-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The pedal position sensor prob won't throw a code since theres three resistors in there in line so that if one fails the ECU will know and throw a code. If two fail it'll start but won't respond to the pedal and will throw code. Basically it'll only throw a code if the three resistors don't agree on a throttle position.

But if something mechanical in the pedal went/slipped then it wouldn't work and not throw a code.

FYI
Old 09-04-2008, 11:10 PM

i had the same problem today... was driving down the freeway, went to pass, hti the go pedal, rpm's went to around 2k, then dropped to 750. pulled over and tranny would still engage forward and reverse, would idle fine, and could put the go pedal to the floor and nothing happened. turned the truck off, turned it back on, drove home fine until i got my my house and it did it again. taking the truck in tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.