6.0 powerstroke won't start!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 powerstroke won't start!!!!

Hey guys I did a head gasket/stud/oil cooler job in the past couple days. got everything put back together. Oil level is good, new coolant, fuel was in the filter housing, everything seems to be ok. I knew I was going to need to crank on this thing for a little bit so I already had a battery charger hooked up. I crank on it for about 20 seconds, let it rest a minute or two, repeat. It cranks over easier and a little smoke barely rolls out of the tailpipe but it just wont start up. Wont really try to, it'll just turn over. So after continuing this for about 40 minutes or so a TBC code displays on the dash. I've never even heard of this code before. Does it have anything to do with it not starting up? Any help will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok so today I got the truck started. Just let it idle for about 20 minutes then the truck starts knocking. Sounds like its coming from the air box or air intake but I know its coming from the driver side engine. So ****. I also notice that the oil on the dipstick is pretty milky. Now I don't remember if it was that bad before the rebuild but I'm thinking probably not. I don't think it can be the oil cooler though bc I replaced the oil cooler when the truck was apart. Anyways, I took the valve cover off hoping maybe one of the rocker arms or something may have fallen off. But nothing looked suspicious to me. I didn't take the pushrods out to see if they are bent but could that be what's making that? If I take the push rods out how bent is too bent? Like any bend at all? I inspected them before I put them in and none looked even a little bent. If you put them in upside down, would that make the truck do this? Also the truck is idling very rough. There's a mechanic coming to check it out tomorrow or monday but if you guys have heard about this maybe you could chime in. I've read one story of something like this but the guy had something going on with one of his pistons and ended up blowing up his engine. But the knocking isn't sounding like it's coming from that part of the engine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.