2012 F250SDw/6.7L Turbo Diesel Engine Issue - Need Help !!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry 2012 F250SDw/6.7L Turbo Diesel Engine Issue - Need Help !!!

Hey first time posting - also first time owning a 2012 Ford F250 4x4 Super Duty w/6.7L Turbo Diesel...and I need help !

The truck is not even a year old yet and I just turned 19k on the odometer and have had an intermittent issue happen about 8ish times that doesn't throw an error code to the computer and was not reproducible at the dealership test drive so they think I'm nuts !...here are the symptoms, driving a constant speed and then suddenly it appears like the engine starts missing a beat, but rapidly and very noticeably - making the truck feel like i'm driving on an old country dirt road that has the wash board effect...and the more gas i give it the harder it thumps, I let off the gas and it goes away, kinda, only to return when gas is applied again and then it just goes away, it prolly only last about 2 to 3 minutes and when i give it gas it does accelerate while thumping so it's not like a total loss of power, it also has never happen when pulling a load, just normal in town driving...it's odd cause none of the gages flicker - tack is steady as a rock and no dummy lights come on and the dealer sees nothing in the computer !...i see where this is going with the dealer - it has to break or at least throw an error code before they can do anything - I'm stuck, just hope not on the side of the road !

Does anybody have any ideas of what might be happening ?

If it helps for fuel I run Valero diesel 99% of the time - never have run any of the bio-diesel and I run a little Power Services Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost every few tanks. Also the dealer did say they applied some software upgrades to the computer for the transmission, also said they did some other things that I know they didn't do cause I watched the whole process and I went on the test drive, but that is a whole nother story...lol

I really appreciate any info !!!
Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did I post in the wrong spot ?...
Old 09-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

I think the 911 section is for things like im stranded on the side of the road can some one help me kinda thing. You might try the 6.7 discussion boards a little farther down the forum. There is quite a few more people on those boards as well. I'm sorry as far your issue i'm not much.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks tnderchckens, i'll re-direct...
Old 09-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

buy a 7.3 dxssasaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.