Bulletproof not so bulletproof as the guy in Perry Florida Said - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bulletproof not so bulletproof as the guy in Perry Florida Said

I have spent over $11K going with the Bulletproof Diesel conversion and new injectors on my 6.0. The thought was spend the money and keep the truck for my construction business. Since the Bullet Proof upgrade I have been broken down four times on the road far from home. The latest problem is the truck does not idle correctly and shuts off when slowing down or not under power. Each time I have been broken down this is the start and all the codes come up injectors or ICP. The local mechanic thinks it is an ICP issue and has replaced it three times all to equal the same result, idle is over 1000 at a stop light and the engine shuts down when slowing down at lights / etc. Can anyone tell me what to do other than run this _______ truck off a bridge? I have spent $11k plus staying at hotels broken down, rental trucks with one single goal, to utilize the truck for my business. Harper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

By the way, the last break down in Perry Florida codes came up two new injectors down / burned up after replacing all. The local mechanic said that the injectors were 2003 injectors and my engine was 2004 but vin shows 2003. I am not a mechanic. Need help.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Who's inj's did you use?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah whos injectors did you use? there apparently have been some issues with injector mfgs recently.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Injectors & Latest

The local mechanic used Ford Injectors but informed me that all Ford injectors are rebuilt and warranted by Ford. Today, the truck continued to cut off and rev up to about 1200 rpm at idle. At the gas station, I noticed white smoke coming out from under the truck, out of the hood and heavy exhaust smell in the cab. All gauges were good. Called for a tow truck yet again. I'm disgusted. $11k in and a truck that I can't use for work.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Latest is two (2) more new injectors down. He replaced again and replaced the pigtail on the wiring harness. Supposed to get truck back today. I am not comfortable and something has to be causing new ford warranted injectors to keep burning up. At a loss. Hope this time works.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 AM

Your busting bullet proof diesels chops for your injectors? Wow I didnt know we could do that......now that you bring it up my left turn signal went out this weekend! I wonder if I could get them to replace it.....
Seriously, I can understand being pizzed off with the truck but you can bust BPD for injectors. The bpd equipment is to take care of the oil cooler issue's ,ficm issue's or egr issue's. Just because you got that covered dosnt mean the truck wont have issue's in other area's.
What kinda volts does your ficm run? If its low check out the one's at Bullet Proof Diesel!Awesome stuff. Might help you with the burning up of injectors....
Old 09-09-2013, 07:12 AM

Ive also read that old dirty oils is a bugger on injectors.....
Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 AM

Bypass oil filter, at bullet proof diesel.com will help with dirty oil.......
Old 09-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Check your base fuel pressure, whats your oil and fuel filter maintenance routine? Bulletproof builds excellent products and there oil and coolant products certainly are not the reason for your injecyor problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.