06 6.0 no start/then electrical issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 6.0 no start/then electrical issues

had a cel for about 4 days, the codes were injector circuits low 1,2 and 3. I noticed for the last week the truck was starting kinda ruff but would then drive ok after it warmed up. Today all of a sudden it would not start at all for like 20 attempts, but sounded to me like it was cranking normally. Did not sound weak. Then after 20 tries it started for about 3 seconds and then cut off very abruptly with a strange sound . I also noticed my drivers window has been moving up and down slower than usual, but not other windows. so i did some searching and people led me to think the problem was the ficm board or harness. so i pulled the coolant res and moved it to the side and removed cover on ficm to check power. Now, i went to turn the key on to check power and everything electrical is all screwed up flashing radio stations reset and speedo and tach bouncing all over the place. What the heck? Cant even get it to try to kick over now, I get the fast click,click,click sound from the starter like its a dead batteries, but both read 12.4 vlt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok, charged the bateries overnight now the read 12.6 vlts so i have all my power back and finally got the truck to try and crank over, the volts on the ficm go from 48 - 20 v when cranking and still wont start, pulled the ficm and the solder joints look ok to my eye, but one of the connectors on the wiring harness, 4 of the female holes look like they are missing the silver metal inside? or maby they are just burnt? anybody run into this? any help would be apreciated as my truck is o.o.c. and i need to get back to work. thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

not even sure where to really start. its crazy how much a bad ground can screw with you though. was there any signs of arcing or burning on the harness or female adapters? I will ask some buddies and see what they come up with also..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.