Pesky P1211 Code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Pesky P1211 Code

Aloha from Hawaii I have 2002 Ford 550 7.3 Powerstroke Automatic Transmission that is used as a tow truck. It currently has 207000 miles.
The truck starts quickly with a semi rough idle. It runs well under no load conditions until starting up hill then the truck feels like fuel injectors providing enough fuel and feel like the engine is not firing. The more I try to accelerate the worse the power loss. I have taken the backpressure valve out of the back of the turbo thinking maybe that it was sticking causing too much back pressure under acceleration
If I continue to go onward the engine begins to make lean burn banging and detonation with a total loss of any power and then I have to sit along side the road with the engine off for a few minutes The truck will run for a while and then the cycle starts all over again
Using the scanner I have pulled code 1211. I have replaced the following over the past weeks The ICP sensor on the head The IPR and High Pressure Oil Pump, The fuel injectors and glow plugs. The TPS and MAP Sensors, The CPS, IDM & PCM. I think there are no more electronics to replace...
I have checked at connections with a continuity tester and output voltages from PCM to sensors. I have ohm checked and voltage checked all the sensors. All have returned as good specs.
I set up a high pressure oil gauge and ran the engine. Oil Pressure is 500 to 750 PSI when idling. 1400 to 1700 at no load running. The oil pressure will go up to 2400 PSI and then sharply drop back to 1100 PSI as I am accelerating up a hill. I feel my problem is a lack of volume in high pressure oil. I have taken the reservoir apart and checked the strainer.
The only indication I may have an oil issue is the base oil pressure is 32 PSI max at the reservoir. The Ford spec is 40 to 70 PSI @ 3300 RPM. I have not been able to locate the oil pump bypass valve
I have checked primary fuel pressure to the injectors and it is well within factory specifications
My questions will the low reading at the engine oil pump affect the high pressure oil supply and has anyone else have had this particular problem in the past & what was done as a solution…
Stumped in the Sand and Surf with the beautiful Asian women all around…. Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
The Fat Mod

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jeff, I can't help you with your problem and someone should be along shortly to help ya, but I can do this...

To POWERSTROKE.ORG

Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Jon

It's an ICP code. If you look it up in our books the first thing it will ask you is ( is the oil in good condition and been changed in the last 5000 miles and is there enough oil in the engine? ) Ive had 2 1211's come in the shop this week. One was 6.5 qts low and the other was 3.5 qts low. Changed oil and off they went. There problem was one seems to think its cool to go 20,000 miles on an oil change and the other just didn't put enough in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.