Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tech help on a 99 f350

751 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  nunly81 
#1 ·
OK, Im baffled here on this one. The hotline is not helping me a whole lot either. I put the #6 injector and an ICP sensor in this truck yesterday. Drove about 1 mile and all of a sudden it was smoking like hell. Got back to the dealership and found #8 injector code.
I started it this morning and it ran great with no shake or miss. Moved it about 100 yards and it looses all power(load and no load), starts hunting the rpm and shuts down. Takes about 30seconds of turning over to restart and then it just does it again. I played this game about 10 times just to get back to my stall in the shop. :crazy:
Im lost guys, im getting a P1670(electronic feedback signal) and a P1211 for injection control pressure. Where do I begin, im looking for anything to help out here.
Thanks in advance!:icon_ford:

#2 ·
P1670, I would check the idm and pcm connections.

Things to check:
Open fuse
IDM relay
Open or shorted IDM enable circuit
Open/short in EF circuit
Open/short in FDCS circuit
IDM powering circuits
PCM

The P1211 is probably from the IPR or ICP sensor. Did you check all the wiring? The odd idle can be a result of this.

#5 ·
I put an ICP in the truck before and no change, I have to check the wiring and monitor the pids for the IPR hopefully that fixxes the idle issue.
What problem would that EF signal really cause? Because the customer is a real A-hole. SO if I can get by without it then I will. Screw him man, I put an injector in the truck and got it running from a no start and when I test drove it another one went out, so I told him and he said I made it go out. I mean i know us techs have magical injector powers that can cause them to drop on command.
What a douche!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.