knock knock - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
knock knock

95 psd, quit running on all cyl., picked back up ran ok, then quit running on all cly. again, very rough, no power, must be fuel problem, no exhaust smoke, any suggestions where to start trouble shooting???? need to get back on road asap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

check the valve cover connectors carefully. check for any burnt pins. If none are found on the outside of the valve cover, check under them.

Any codes you can get out of it would also lead us in a better direction if you can...
Old 10-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

knock knock

I'm afraid I don't know too much about the powerstroke, my last truck was a 7.3 non turbo, the 95 will start, but runs on less than all cyl., it has no power, and does not clear up no matter how long you let it idle. Could I have an injector problem? How and what do I check when the check engine light comes on when I start the truck? This truck is up in the mountains and it isn't going anywhere until I can sort this out, it's desperate time! Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Powerstroke Diesel Enthusiast

I too agree with Marc, check out the connections at the valve covers (wiring harness for injectors run through valve cover gaskets) check for any melting, sometimes the clip that keeps the plug-in into the gasket brake off and they work themselves loose (saying that this would happen on both covers would be intirely odd, but hey it could happen), if you feel comfortable enough to take the valve covers off smell around to see if you can detect a burnt odour, i would check that out first.....oh yeah codes would help....
Old 12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

wiring bad?

my truck is doing the same thing, and I found the rear plug on the passenger side partly broken and black. I cleaned it out and it doesnt do any better. Where would I find the part #s and what parts do I need to replace? just the main harness or valve cover gaskets, harneses under them.....? any help is great. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.