Help stuck just south of Cincinnatti - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help stuck just south of Cincinnatti

o.k. newbie here so here goes my intro along with my problem, my name is Darrel, I'm a former auto mechanic, now Millwright for Ford MoCo I have a 2003 f250 w/ a 6.0L it has just under a 100k and to my knowledge is stock, I bought it 2 years ago with 72k on it and it's been running great the only mod I've done is the blue spring, now to the problem...while on vacation this week I went from MI to Gatlinburg TN ran great, then from TN to KY again no problems, on friday morning I got up to drive to see my uncle and the truck was running rough, thought I picked up some bad fuel in TN, met my parents at my uncles and then they followed me about 20 minutes away to my Aunts house. my dad said my truck was smoking, after leaving her house going back to motel, (this is E. KY very hilly) I noticed a lot of black smoke, way more than I had ever seen, stopped at gas station and put some cetane boost injector cleaner in didn't change anything, headed home today and the longer I drove the worse it got went from black smoke to blueish grey to white, coolant level is good, oil level is good, truck stop mechanic says I'm burning oil through my intake, smoke also now seems to be coming from under the hood from behind the tubo, any help as to a place near Florence KY, that can fix this, don't want to pay to have to tow it all the way back to Detroit. thanks, D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
Maybe the seal on your turbine wheel in your turbo blew out. If you are burning oil I would say at least the seal is gone. Do you have any codes? Welcome to the org. By the way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedemon6.0 View Post
Maybe the seal on your turbine wheel in your turbo blew out. If you are burning oil I would say at least the seal is gone. Do you have any codes? Welcome to the org. By the way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
no check engine light, so I'm assuming no codes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluedemon6.0
The check engine light might not come on. Check the top of your turbo and bottom where your oil supply line is and return for oil . Look under your turbo for oil. Is there any oil coming out of your exhaust manifold or is all coming out of the down pipe from your turbo. If you have a leaking turbine seal I do not know if it is safe to drive. You could blow the hole seal and pour oil in your exhaust pipe then you are stuck on the side of the road. Maybe some one with some personal experience will chime in.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If it is running rough, I would say it is a fuel/injection problem and going to a capable shop to have scanned would be a good idea. It could be any number of things like a FICM, IDM, injector, IPR, fuel pressure, etc.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 AM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Still might be bad fuel and you need to change both fuel filters and a drain of the water/ fuel separator... Good luck and
Old 07-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

there is oil around the turbo can't tell where it's coming from, my Uncle is on his way here with a car hauler so we are gonna try and get it back to Michigan tonight, thanks I'll keep you all posted.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

got it home

o.k. got her home and thanks to a couple of good friends who one fleets of trucks they turned me on to their mehanic, when he pulled the codes it had 3 differant ones: egr, turbo, and missfire on #7, also said it sounded like I may have a damaged push rod anyways here is a pic of what it looked like going home Monday.
Attached Thumbnails
Help stuck just south of Cincinnatti-1003729_10151540550138603_1467796201_n.jpg  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

take egr valve out of intake most likley its stuck open clean it free it up close valve reinstall and leave it unplugged.and if u have a turbo code the accuator for the vgt could be no good or lot of times carbin build up in turbo stops vanes from moving but start with simple stuff first clean egr. and push rods bent slim chance.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well here it is a broken injector on the #7 cylinder the other part is somewhere in my engine, not liking where this is going. My mechanic is telling me that the other part has damaged the head and the piston, may need a new motor, this sucks anyone know what a non running 10 yr old truck is going for? I could probably scrap it out but that's a whole lot of work I don't have room or time for.
Attached Thumbnails
Help stuck just south of Cincinnatti-970441_10151559633373603_1448499165_n.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.