Big engine shake, ton's of white smoke. Bubbling oil out. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-18-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big engine shake, ton's of white smoke. Bubbling oil out.

2003 F-350 6.0
It started having trouble about a month and a half ago. We parked it to become a project truck and bought a new F-150. We got around to it today finally. Drained the oil to check for coolant. Nothing. We charged it, put oil in it and she cranked right up. But man, was that idle ever rough. It honestly felt like when you shut off the engine the entire time. Now here is the problem. It is bubbling oil out of a spot on the driver side.(I have a picture of a engine that is pulled for reference) Oil is bubbling out of there. And white smoke, Lots of white smoke out the tailpipe, you would think it was a cold winter day. But it sounds normal running. Just very shakey. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.0 leak.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	141258  
post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Possibly a blown head gasket? Have you pressure tested the cooling system yet? If oil is coming from between the head and block... I'd lean towards a head gasket! Since its a project truck, tear it down and put head studs in it. Might me shacking like crazy because the cylinders are filling with coolant...

05 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed
ARPs w/OEM Gaskets
MTW Stage 2 w/batmowheel
BPD oil cooler w/ cold weather package
BPD Updated umm...Everything
BPD bypass oil filter
BPD FICM 58v
Spring Mod
Egr deleted
4" Duals
Edge CTS
Custom grille made by Me
X3 w/Matts SRL+/SRLxx and Tow Tunes
Tony WildmanExtreme w/early lockup

post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Possibly a blown head gasket? Have you pressure tested the cooling system yet? If oil is coming from between the head and block... I'd lean towards a head gasket! Since its a project truck, tear it down and put head studs in it. Might me shacking like crazy because the cylinders are filling with coolant...
So, I am going to try to explain this the best I can, There are 4 plugs on the drivers side on the motor underneath the air filter with blue rings, it is leaking from number 6 cylinder's plug. Also attached is a link to the video of the truck running yesterday. It smelt like diesel, not coolant. Also there is no oil in the coolant. It is also smoking or steaming from under neath the air filter in the same area as the plug. I am not sure what it is, But I am almost positive the head isn't bad.
Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode