Help a fellow tech please? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help a fellow tech please?

Who has pulled the cab on a 6.0l in here? I need to do a head job on one and would like to try that this time. Can anyone give me what needs to come off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
To remove the cab you will have to remove the rear seat if 4 door, remove all the cab bolts 6 for single cab 8 for super can and 4 door. Thereis a ground cable on the passengers side of cab, you then will remove the air intake, both batteries,the abs module(under the battery tray)and just remove the bracket bolts. remove the intercooler pipes, power steering line fvrom the tank to the pump and the psi line at the gear and the return line at the booster. Next remove the radiator support bolts, drain radiator and remove upper and lower hoses. There are several wire connectors on the drivers side fender well that will need to be disconnected, and the mian harness from the engine at the pcm. On the passengers side there is a body ground at the fire wall and a ground next to the battery rh side. Then remove the e-brake cable connector under the drivers door and remove the cable from the cab support. Next remove the shift cable from the trans and the trans bracket. On top of the radiator is a battery cross over cable to the rh battery positive terminal, remove from the rh battery and disconnect from core support and lay on the lh side of engine. Next remove the brake mastercylinder and leave the lines connected, the master and the abs module will not need to have lines disconnected. Next remove the bolt from the steering colum at the gear box and collapse the column until it is up next to the booster. There are a few extra wires that you will need to disconnect as you start to lift the cab. The next step is to remove the fan shroud,if it has not been cut you will have to cut it at the seperation line with the two holes on each side the shroud will seperate the the upper comes up and the lower will come up as well, be careful of the radiator nipple. The fan and stator will stay with the engine. The radiator stays with the truck. Next evacuate the a/c and remove the line from the accumulator and the upper line from the condensor as they will stay with the engine. Thats about it when you start to lift the cab just go slow and look for anything you missed.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^ Nice post! I might have to bookmark this thread.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks alot! I was headed in the right direction. If i get stuck ill be sure to ask about it.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunly81 View Post
Thanks alot! I was headed in the right direction. If i get stuck ill be sure to ask about it.
Let us know bud!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
my julian you make yourself sound intelligent! where did u copy and paste that from???
Old 04-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstroker_2002 View Post
my julian you make yourself sound intelligent! where did u copy and paste that from???
You take that back.....Sally is all knowing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.