06 Power Stroke won't start after towing trailer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 Power Stroke won't start after towing trailer

I am new to the forum but know you guys can help me. I have a 2006 F250 6.0 and I am having trouble. I towed my trailer last week with a UTV and a Zero turn mower so not a lot of weight and it ran fine until i turned it off. It would crank fine but would never start. Just by luck I was home and not stranded. The next day it started fine. The temp gauges were in range no problem there so i am stumped. I do have an SCT tuner and it did not show any trouble codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey thomas, i have the same problem, and i done alot of research trying to find the problem. and i THINK the problem we both have is that the oil rails is losing oil pressure when oil is warm, IN ORDER FOR THE POWER STROKE TO START IT MUST have 500 PSI OR more on the high pressure oil system. if its like my truck she starts fine when cold, runs great when running but when you shut it down and leave it for aprox 10 minutes and try to start the truck it will crank and crank until it kills the batterys and not start because the engine cant build up the pressure when the oil is warm/ thinner and it leats around the seals in the system. i know that the dummy plugs are a common problem, and a svt connection on the High pressure oil pump, its a "SNAP TO CONNECT" fitting that wears out. if u have a scanner or somthin and you get this same problem you can plug in your scan gauge and look at the " injector control pressure" whils cranking. if its less than 500 when she wont start you have a problem in the oil system. I hope this helps. if you find out anything you can send me an email at justincoley200@hotmail.com
Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

what ^^^^^^he said, stc fitting is leaking badly and/or hpop
Old 07-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

does anybody else agree? seems like thats the problem we are having. i just dont have a tool to test the oil pressure. and i dont want to tear into a diesel engine and this not even being the problem.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Injection control pressure is a PID so any device that reads PIDs should be able to show you ICP. If you don't have a monitor, it should be as necessary as wearing underwear or pooping in the handicap stall.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Agree that it's a probably a high pressure oil leak. Most people replace the branch tube, STC fitting, and dummy plugs at the same time.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
If you don't have a monitor, it should be as necessary as wearing underwear or pooping in the handicap stall.
Best Line...

I have the same problem, has happen to me twice within a couple weeks. While cranking the ICP is around 350-400PSI, right in line with what everyone says.

I'm dreading taking it to the shop to get this fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.