HELP, Rough running, no power, blue smoke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to strokr08
HELP, Rough running, no power, blue smoke

i was cruisin down this backstrip and i cranked my chip to smoke setting, Dp Tuner (stock, eco, 140 smoke) as soon as i mashed on the gas my rpm's shot up like normal, then dropped, nothing popped, banged or blew out, just started to run really rough with no power at all, so i shut her off, thinking i was running out of gas becuase i was low. so went and got some gas, started it up, still very rough, no power to move truck, and some blue smoke, there is no check engine light which is surprizing, and the chip isnt overirding it becuase i took it off and it still does the same thing, i havnt schedualed a shop time yet i was just posting to pick anyones brain. lol im hoping for the best before i crack into this thing, but it doesnt look good. please help, any thoughts?

Last edited by strokr08; 10-05-2006 at 04:16 PM. Reason: mispelled words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 04:11 PM
im fat and ugly

sorry i cant be much help, somebody will be by shortly to give you a hand but welcome to the site!!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Banned

pull the valve covers off and check the connections under them that actually plug into the valve covers. Decent chance one of them is partially if not all the way disconnected. The lock tabs sag over time and heat cycles. You can replace the harnesses or ford also has a wedge that is built to prevent this from happening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.