LOTS of oil in intake, degas bottle burping while driving? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOTS of oil in intake, degas bottle burping while driving?

I have a 05 F350 with a 6.0. It has 480,000 kms on it. The engine always has a smell of antifreeze from under the hood. No visible leaks except for the coolant bottle wet on it and below it from the cap. No matter what level I put it at and I do have to add coolant frequently. no white exhaust that I can see. just bluish from a bad ficm. The truck does have a EGR Delete on it. but the EGR valve is still in place as to not give the code. Inside the intake manifold when I take out the EGR Valve, it is all Oil. enough to get a piece of paper towel wet with the oil. My friend says its a head gasket but there in no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil. I have to say its really confusing me. When you look at the visible head bolts they are just bolts, not studs. the person I purchased the truck from said all that stuff was done. but regardless weather it was or not I would really just like your insight to diagnose it please. Im at a loss and cant afford to get the work done by someone. it will be me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Have you checked the degas cap? I always like to start with the simplest and cheapest possibilities first. As for the oil in the intake, I have no idea. Only oil next to the intake is the oil filter housing. Are you sure what you think is oil is actually just exhaust soot with a little coolant mixed in?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Have you checked the degas cap? I always like to start with the simplest and cheapest possibilities first. As for the oil in the intake, I have no idea. Only oil next to the intake is the oil filter housing. Are you sure what you think is oil is actually just exhaust soot with a little coolant mixed in?
I changed it today with a Preston brand. What will it do though? The oil in the intake is all oil. I absorbed some of it out with paper towel and there's no coolant.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM
RollinEarly05...now

If the cap is bad it will cause the cooling system to either not get up to pressure or allow to much pressure to build up higher than 16psi. What kind of egr delete do you have? The problem with the oil in the intake is that the only place I can think of it coming from is the ccv... But if that's the case you have a huge problem because it normally builds up before the intake. It builds up on the inside of the intercooler boots.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 PM
RollinEarly05...now

I would clean your intake, intake elbow, all the cac pipes and do the ccv mod and see if it helps.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am not sure what kind of delete it is. I have only had the truck for 2 weeks and noticed these problems. I spoke to a local person today and he said just get a different engine. but that's not really on option at this point. I will take your advice and start with the cleaning of things.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Your engine is probably fine... Just make sure to do the ccv mod, lots of write ups if your unaware of this mod. It's also very cheap if you do it yourself. Update your sig, it helps members when giving advice on your problems. How do you know the egr is deleted? Is it actually gone? If not it just has freeze plugs welded into each end of it. Basically that's the only two egr deletes available.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The Egr cooler is gone. you can see the small tube under the intake and the large pipe towards the firewall. the EGR valve is still in place and attached to the wiring. Must be like that so no code shows up. ill update sig tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Your right, when the egr valve is installed it doesn't throw codes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.