95 - 7.3 Will not start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 - 7.3 Will not start

I have a 95 F350 7.3 dually with only 75k on it, that has been sitting down at my local ford dealership for going on two weeks now, and I do not think the mechanic has a clue about what is wrong with it.

First it had been getting hard to start in cool weather, then it burped and shut down in a parking lot the other day. After a few minutes it fired up and ran on home. Then would not start the next morning. Late that evening I tried to start it and it did not. Then twenty minutes later it fired up and ran, took it for a little drive and all was good. Back home and killed it and then checked to see if it would restart and no, that was the last time it started. It was getting fuel to the fuel filter, so I replace that and replaced the cam sensor. Still not start, checked all fluids ok, checked the #22 fuse ok. Check oil level in the high pressure resv. So it was towed in.

First they said I had a problem with my fuel tank relay to the aux tank (remember it was getting fuel at the house), and rewired that, and then found it was the high pressure pump (and or sensor) on the injectors, they replaced that and said, that there were two fuses blown, (#8 and #12, I think). Well then it was the PCM module sending bad codes, so now they have ordered it and maybe it will work.

The truck has been sitting on the work lift in the shop for a week and two days (it was pulled in a week ago Wednesday). They finaly said the PCM has been shipped and should be in Monday, so I might get lucky and have it out Tueday or Wed, only two weeks.

When I went in to check on it and find out what fuses were blown I found the mechanic had the owners manual for the 7.3 motor out of the glove compartment doing the trouble shooting on the fuse box.

Does the dealership have a check list that they are to use to check a hard to start vehicle? and what would suggest I do at this point.

Sorry to be so long, and thanks for any help if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

SOUNDS LIKE THEY ARE THROWING PARTS AT IT.POSSIBLE TALK TO THE SERVICE MANAGER AND SEE IF HE CAN HELP GIVE YOU A PRICE BREAK LET THEM INSTALL THE PCM AND SEE IF THAT FIXES IT AND TRY TO NEGOTIATE ON THE OTHER PARTS THAT DIDN'T FIX IT IF HE IS AN OKAY GUY HE SHOULD LEVEL WITH YOU.PCM FROM FORD DO TAKE AWHILE TO GET.SO DID ANY OF THE PREVIOUS WORK HELP?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It is back

After 13 days and sitting on the dealership's lift 11 days, it is home. The first morning it took about 5 minutes to start. This morning started in only 5 tries. Called the dealership and they were not much help, said if it keeps up bring it back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.