Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

03 6.0 with 250 psi from hpop??

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mor'du 
#1 ·
I first started by scanning truck and noticed ipr was at 85% and ipr psi was at 250-300 psi. So I assumed I had an oil leak or a bad ipr sensor. I pulled intake off this afternoon and found a blown o-ring on the top of the hpop. I also put air psi to the hpop output tube and it help psi for 60 seconds so I am assuming I have no leaks at injectors. My concern is, should I replace the hpop or just replace the o-ring and put it back together? Does this sound normal for a blown o-ring to drop oil psi to 300? The ipr sensor looked visually ok, the screen was intact and free of debris. T.I.A.

#2 ·
There is actually, an update kit for the HPOP. The FORD FACTORY number is
FD-4C3Z-9B246-F this is "FORD 6.0 STC HPOP Fitting Update Kit. I got mine through SINISTER DIESEL, while I was ordering some other stuff & then, realized that there were quite a few "UPDATE KITS" for the 6.0 so, when all was said & done, I had spent close to $2000.00 in parts for my 2005 6.0 powered Eddie Bauer Excursion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.