Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2005 f250 wont start

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FordWrench420w 
#1 ·
HELP!
My husband's truck just decided not to start yesterday. It wanted to turn over but just wouldn't. We took it to the dealer who said it was a loss of pressure in the high pressure oil pump. He hcarged us $600 to tear down the engine and said yes it was the pump and that there are also hairline cracks in the lines. He gave us a HUGE estimate for repair. We owe Ford less for the whole truck. Does this sound like the right diagnosis to anyone??? If so any guess as to waht it would resonably cost to fix the pump and the line things?

please comment and thanks for all help!!!

#2 ·
First off welcome to the org. Secondly Yes this sounds like it could be your problem. and I cant answere how much it would cost but it is not cheap. And if the lines are cracked then they will have to be replaced.

#5 ·
If the ICP wasnt getting enough pressure its deffinitely the problem. Warranty pays us 8.0hrs for it. We charge right at 85 an hour for labor here and I would say your getting a decent price from a dealership, plus they will have it done in about 4 hours if they are good. Ive seen some come in here that were attempted elsewhere and they make it way to difficult.

#7 ·
Scott (scuffy828) has a shop in NC. You might contact him via PM. Here's a link to his profile. LINK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.