need some advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need some advice

hey im not a powerstroke owner... YET! Im interested in this 97 f350 but it doesn't start the guy says there it was in a flood during hurricane sandy and it wont start so buying the truck is a gamble but this is my dream truck the year and body style. what could be wrong with the motor for it not to start? you think the motor would be shot or could be a small easy fix or an electrical problem. any advice is appreciated thank you.

here is the link for the truck

1997 Ford F-350 diesel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

everything, is wrong with the truck, stay away from it, it will need all new electrical and possiable a whole new motor, turbo and all, their is no way I would buy that truck,, you can find you a dream truck that hasn't been In a flood and the resale value on the truck is nothing because it is a flood recovered vehicle unless you were only giving like scrap value for the truck would be the only way I would buy it,,, once again stay away
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Personally, I would buy it. Could be something simple. See if the owner is willing to let you get it to a shop and check it out.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

was the truck completely submerged , think about all the dirty flood water that get into the motor, I don't care how many times they flushed the motor out when they tried to start it they ruined the rings, and if the batteries were hooked up when it was submerged it fried everything, once again resale value on a flood recovered vehicle is squat ,,, its a truck not a submarine ,,,, how much rust is under the hood on the frame,, I would never buy a vehicle of any kind that's been in a flood, even if it did run,, turbo is probably rusted up to, if you want this truck,,, you really need to inspect it real good, it's not a bad looking truck,, but repairs will be need,,, and with it being in a flood that's tied to that truck for life,, was it fresh water or salt water flood,,, that makes a big difference as well
Old 04-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I can promise you this much more than one thing is wrong with that truck,,,, I can list a couple,,, ficm, 500 bucks,,, glow plug module, 350 bucks, injectors ruined and 1000 bucks,, electric parts are all bad, fix those and the truck might start,, like you said it's a gamble,,,, a big gamble,,, I would fold
Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I agree with Rogerallen33 run like hell, at least I would.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Does it turn over or is it seized?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.