95 PSD loss of power and slight miss.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 PSD loss of power and slight miss..

My 95 PSD has lost power, fuel mileage, and seems to have a slight miss. Passes all tests though, but something isn't right. It has 220K. Running a 5 Speed Manual with a LuK Single Mass flywheel. With a trailer on the back with about 8k lbs, she won't go anywhere but backwards in Overdrive. No power at all and she struggles to get to 70MPH in 4th. Not sure what to do. All the mechanics I have taken it to are stumped. Anyone ever had this problem or know of it happening to anyone else. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

Here's a bump for ya.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyOutfitters View Post
My 95 PSD has lost power, fuel mileage, and seems to have a slight miss. Passes all tests though, but something isn't right. It has 220K. Running a 5 Speed Manual with a LuK Single Mass flywheel. With a trailer on the back with about 8k lbs, she won't go anywhere but backwards in Overdrive. No power at all and she struggles to get to 70MPH in 4th. Not sure what to do. All the mechanics I have taken it to are stumped. Anyone ever had this problem or know of it happening to anyone else. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....

Joe
Could you be more specific about what tests it passes and what the mechanics have checked?

Jim
Old 02-04-2008, 05:11 PM

I took it to a Diesel Injection Service's place and they hooked the scanner to it and check all the pressures, buzzed the injectors, and did the Cylinder Contribution test. It all passed. They said that it could be a number of things causing my problem, but unfortunately they didn't pull anything up. A buddy of mine worked for Ford for years and has a friend that is the diesel mechanic for Ford and he told me that I should have him look at it. It is worth a try. Just wish I know what was causing it. I am definitely taking any advice I can get. Thanks...
Old 02-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

Engine wiring harness been checked? Have you wiggled the harness when it is running?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Monkey View Post
Engine wiring harness been checked? Have you wiggled the harness when it is running?
The connectors going into the valve covers, yes. No change there. I am going to change the glowplugs, gaskets and harnesses under the valve covers here as soon as I can.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM

does your truck have a filter in the tank? if it does the filter may be clogged and need to be cleaned
Old 02-05-2008, 04:46 PM

I have dual tanks, and doesn't matter which Tank I am running on. I will check into that though. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 02 7.3 F-350 dualy that started missing, took it to Ford truck dealer that said the wires under the valve cover on one side was bad. They changed the wires on both sides & now it runs Great. The part that hurt my feelings was the $630.00 bill but it runs better than it has in a while.
New to the site & learning how to use this GREAT place for info.

Last edited by grmckee; 02-07-2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Try to add sinature
Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyOutfitters View Post

Thanks.....

Joe
My 95 F350 manual has (had) nearly the same symptoms except for the miss I never have been able to hear one in anything with more than 6 cyls so I don't know. That said, I did a cat delete today and it seems to have helped but I haven't pulled my 6K trailer yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.