Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Problem

841 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Young-SC-Owner 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 F350 6.0L Im pulling a light trailer (6K) from mississippi to Idaho. Broke down in Cheyenne WY. My turbo PSI is showing boost but if I have any PSI over about 12 it spikes up to about 20-25 PSI and the motor has no power. I take my foot off the pedal RPMS and PSI drops and I have power again as long as I keep the PSI under about 12. Right now its straight piped turbo back. Fuel pressure is golden 53 PSI idle 47 WOT. New filters and oil all the way around.

#2 ·
Hey Matt.... You've got Mail.
Ok sorry to tell you, but you got TWO problems here. ONE is your turbo boost. The other is your name is ........Matt...!!!!

Now.....if you signed in here as....say.....Jen (short for Jennifer) You would ve had probably 20 people responding by now and asking you where exactly you are in Cheyene WY ...cause they are not far from you and this and that......But you had to fu.k it up and blow your cover.

Oooooh..well

#3 ·
Ok, I had to see what the issue was.....and......I had to see if it was a female :hehe: Well matt, like someone mentioned, your name is not Jen and your Turbo boost are your two problems.

Do you have any Mods on your truck?

Also, try checking your FICM connections, the symptoms sound like somthing that has happened to one of my 6.0s.

#4 ·
I just remembered, There is a connection right over the transmission that sometimes gets loose also and will cause these symptoms. If you get under your truck and reach on top of the tranny with your hand you will feel it. If I remember currectly, we were having the issues you describe...we had boost but no power and wahla all it was, was a loose connection :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.