EGR/ Oil Cooler Replaced...IPR Valve Screen Fouled - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR/ Oil Cooler Replaced...IPR Valve Screen Fouled

OKay so started shooting coolant out the exhaust... EGR & Oil cooler failure... also the Electric Fan clutch had failed (off subject the Tech seems to think this may have had something to do with the EGR failure... I don't see how?)

The dealer replaced the EGR & Oil Cooler (also EGR Valve<--- ford replacement part) with the Sinister upgraded ones and replace the fan clutch with the Hayden heavy duty one that I purchased... also replaced the fuel pressure regulator spring with the Ford updated spring kit.

Now the tech is telling me that the truck started but then stalled out... fouled IPR valve screen... he pulls turbo... cleans screen replaces valve.

Truck now runs for 30 mins... he shuts it down... won't restart.

He now tells me he has to wait until Monday for a "Special Tool" so he can blow out the HPO system with air... I don't like the sound of this... he hasn't even pulled the IPR valve again to see if there is more debris in the screen... and everything I have read says cleaning the screen won't do the job once it has been fouled, that you need to replace the valve...

On top of all this the communication with the "Service" manager has been very poor... gives me the run around.

Thoughts?

BTW truck is 2007 F350 6.0 Harley Davidson Model with 100K

Last edited by kendalljd; 03-02-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: add info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If there is bits and pieces in the screen it usually means your HPOP is failing or soon to die. Dealing with that same issue today. He wants to pressurize the system to check for leaks and to see if the pump allows air to pass through backwards, indicated by a gurgling sound in the oil filter housing. That will indicate a bad HPOP. Again if there are bits in the IPR screen that is usually indicative of a dead or dying high pressure oil pump(HPOP). That entails a fair bit of work to remove and replace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.