Help, Truck just died, wont start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 07:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help, Truck just died, wont start

Alright I was driving last night and the truck just died, i drifted to the side of the road, tried starting and just cranked, I have a 06 6.0 Super crew 4x4 shortbed, the only mod is a Banks power PDA. i used the pda to pull the codes and it came up with a crank position sensor code, not sure of the #. I just put the programmer on last week. I thought maybe it was the programmer so i unhooked it and tried again, still nothing. I was 2 miles from a ford dealership so i called the tow truck, while I was waiting I removed all the programmer stuff so there was no warrenty issues, luckily I had'nt installed the egt sensor yet so I didnt have to worry about the hole in the manifold, thank god.Well I called the dealership this morning, told them what happened, they said they may not be able to get to it today.(UHH) Finally they called around 2 and said its a oil pressure problem, they said it only has 80 psi when it should have 500 psi is this true. any help is greatly appreciated. now they are saying they wont know any more until wednesday because of the holiday, Help i need My truck. I usually drive between 150-300 miles per day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

either the fiting on the back of the high pressure pump blew out or one of the o-rings in the oil rails under the valve cover blew out , more apt to be the pump fitting, just did one today with same problem
Old 12-21-2007, 07:19 PM

Sorry that was so long

I would like to add a couple other problems i have had in the past.
1st I used to have a complete 4" exhaust on the truck but it started smoking really bad(grey/white) while a red lights and smelled like oil, it was so bad that people next to me would give me dirty looks and roll up there windows, again because i didnt want any warrenty issues I removed the exhaust so i could take it to the dealer, after removing the exhaust it stopped smoking, for about 3 months, about 2 weeks ago it did it again 2 times in 1 day and then stopped smoking. WTF

2nd I read all these posts about how great the fuel milage these guys are getting and it makes me sick, i do 95% of my driving on the highway with a average speed of 75mph and get maybe 14.5-15 with the programmer on level 3. is there anything Icando to get the fuel milage up, I also try to add a bottle of cetane additive about every other tank of fuel. doesnt seem to make any difference.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:24 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

as far as fuel mileage goes , every truck is different , 15 is what i was always told from ford is what it should get , its really hard to answer your question about the smoke , there are so many things it could be
Old 02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondlx View Post
I would like to add a couple other problems i have had in the past.
1st I used to have a complete 4" exhaust on the truck but it started smoking really bad(grey/white) while a red lights and smelled like oil, it was so bad that people next to me would give me dirty looks and roll up there windows, again because i didnt want any warrenty issues I removed the exhaust so i could take it to the dealer, after removing the exhaust it stopped smoking, for about 3 months, about 2 weeks ago it did it again 2 times in 1 day and then stopped smoking. WTF

2nd I read all these posts about how great the fuel milage these guys are getting and it makes me sick, i do 95% of my driving on the highway with a average speed of 75mph and get maybe 14.5-15 with the programmer on level 3. is there anything Icando to get the fuel milage up, I also try to add a bottle of cetane additive about every other tank of fuel. doesnt seem to make any difference.
i get normally 17+ in summer and 16 mpg here int he winter i run route 4 to DC

Matt
Old 02-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to EdBoy9573
My uncle also has the smoke problem with his 6.0 we don't have any clue what it is either but it seems kind of common.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The oil pressure thing could be your problem. It has to have that 500 or it will turn over all day with nothing. Its called a bracket kit and warranty hours are 8.0 for it. We get alot of these. Without looking at the IDS and seeing what it says I cant really diagnose the Oil pressure though. But I would bet on it, its a common problem.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 05 F250 went out on me ,just died at 60,000 miles no warning at all and it was the HPOP the dealership in san bernardino told me it had to have 500 psi oil pressure before the injectors would fire,mine also smokes and sometimes smells really bad its in the dealership now at 98,000 miles started blowing white smoke out and losing power ...you couldnt see behind the truck,they say its the egr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.