Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

95 7.3 no fuel

11K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  tartansailor 
#1 ·
to start I put brand new heads injectors everything in this truck ran fine b4 just blew a gaskit. Got it together on drivers side started it make sure all was good b4 did passenger side,all was good. Got pass side together yesterday wouldn't start....fiddled with it till figured out wasn't getting fuel in filter bowl..So I went parts store got new pump installed today,well still not getting fuel in bowl,filled it up and drained cpl times no help...bought new batteries thought that would help but just blew that 320.00 for nothing.RPMs are up when cranking got good oil pressure turning over fast enough too.CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE I NEED THIS TRUCK FOR WORK!! Ive searched and searched this site if theres something about it I didn't find it and im sorry.Excuse the long post but im really stuck with no help. Thanks for any replies in advance guys:dis:

#2 ·
theres no fuel pump on truck under seat either,,i called advance and they said its not in tank...sooooooooo where is it? Need help bad here guys. I did order the auto ingenuity today but wont be here till Friday and I gotta work this truck Thursday or rent 1 and really don't want to

#4 ·
I'm not sure about your rig, but I know on mine (gawd if I remember this correctly), I have a fuel reset button on the passenger side near the floorboard (near door on the side)... I could be wrong but it is what I remember. Maybe you have one?

#6 ·
is this a fuel relay reset switch? I think his truck is a 95, it would be a mechanical fuel pump. Not sure if it will have the switch your talking about :?

Your problem is obviously fuel pressure related(you said no fuel pressure?), you said you replaced the fuel pump? assuming that good, something after the fuel pump is restricting the fuel pump, what about a clogged Fuel pressure regulator?

I wish I could help more, but I swapped to e-fuel and don't know the fuel bowl system very well :'(

#7 ·
ok I don't have that switch. Thanks for idea though//I got fuel coming out Schrader valve now, but not a lot its like flowing in spurts,i took off regulater and cleaned it thoroughly. so that helped at least now im getting fuel. The bowl is filling not fast but decently now. Im going hook the ae up now n see how much fuel pressure I got now cause b4 didn't have any at all

#10 ·
110psi (assuming thats the unit) is way to high, anything under 40psi is to low, anything over 90 can damage the injectors. 65 is what mines runs at.

I dont understand how you have fuel pressure if your fuel bowl isn't filling. I was under the impression fuel goes from the fuel bowl, then continues on to the schrader valve.

#13 ·
I dont think the 7.3s have an FICM, thats 6.0 thing. They have an IDM(injector driver module). I dont think its really anything you can test....

So you have fuel pressure now, and your fuel bowl is filling up? still no start? are you getting fuel smoke out of the tailpipe when you crank?

#15 ·
awesome, I'm glad that worked.

So whats the issue now? did you get it running? :D!

#17 ·
Are your batterys fully charged up? do they load test fine?

#19 ·
So sorry, I read that. Wasn't thinking.

I'm trying to figure out why there would be an injection issue and a Low fuel pressure issue at the same time, seems like a pretty unlucky deal.

Not sure what to say...I was hoping when you got Fuel pressure she would fire up.

#21 ·
I wish someone else would chime in, I havn't had any troubles with my truck so im not the best at diagnosing.

Your not getting injector voltage? I think if you can get your injectors to fire the truck will run, now that you have FP. I just don't know what to tell you to test, but I know there are things to test..

#23 ·
With the AE, what is the reference voltage? How did you measure fuel pressure? HPOP pressure when cranking? Unplug the ICP and try to start. Did you try plugging in the block heater for at least 4 hrs and try to start? You need to monitor injector pressure , injector voltage , injector duty cycle and fuel pulse width. List this info when you get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.