95 7.3 no fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 7.3 no fuel

to start I put brand new heads injectors everything in this truck ran fine b4 just blew a gaskit. Got it together on drivers side started it make sure all was good b4 did passenger side,all was good. Got pass side together yesterday wouldn't start....fiddled with it till figured out wasn't getting fuel in filter bowl..So I went parts store got new pump installed today,well still not getting fuel in bowl,filled it up and drained cpl times no help...bought new batteries thought that would help but just blew that 320.00 for nothing.RPMs are up when cranking got good oil pressure turning over fast enough too.CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE I NEED THIS TRUCK FOR WORK!! Ive searched and searched this site if theres something about it I didn't find it and im sorry.Excuse the long post but im really stuck with no help. Thanks for any replies in advance guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM

theres no fuel pump on truck under seat either,,i called advance and they said its not in tank...sooooooooo where is it? Need help bad here guys. I did order the auto ingenuity today but wont be here till Friday and I gotta work this truck Thursday or rent 1 and really don't want to
Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 AM

Ok so put new cps on today. still no start. got the auto ingenuity hooked up no fuel pressure oil pressures good hpop is full...so any ideas?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Conservative and Proud

I'm not sure about your rig, but I know on mine (gawd if I remember this correctly), I have a fuel reset button on the passenger side near the floorboard (near door on the side)... I could be wrong but it is what I remember. Maybe you have one?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM

ill go check now thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
I'm not sure about your rig, but I know on mine (gawd if I remember this correctly), I have a fuel reset button on the passenger side near the floorboard (near door on the side)... I could be wrong but it is what I remember. Maybe you have one?
is this a fuel relay reset switch? I think his truck is a 95, it would be a mechanical fuel pump. Not sure if it will have the switch your talking about :?

Your problem is obviously fuel pressure related(you said no fuel pressure?), you said you replaced the fuel pump? assuming that good, something after the fuel pump is restricting the fuel pump, what about a clogged Fuel pressure regulator?

I wish I could help more, but I swapped to e-fuel and don't know the fuel bowl system very well :'(
Old 02-15-2013, 11:12 AM

ok I don't have that switch. Thanks for idea though//I got fuel coming out Schrader valve now, but not a lot its like flowing in spurts,i took off regulater and cleaned it thoroughly. so that helped at least now im getting fuel. The bowl is filling not fast but decently now. Im going hook the ae up now n see how much fuel pressure I got now cause b4 didn't have any at all
Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM

fuel pressure is 110.93 and cranking at 2400 rpm....what else could it be?
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM

WELL CALLED AE MY DOGGLE DIDNT INSTALL CORRECTLY GOING TRY THIS AGAIN
Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncrestoration View Post
fuel pressure is 110.93 and cranking at 2400 rpm....what else could it be?

110psi (assuming thats the unit) is way to high, anything under 40psi is to low, anything over 90 can damage the injectors. 65 is what mines runs at.

I dont understand how you have fuel pressure if your fuel bowl isn't filling. I was under the impression fuel goes from the fuel bowl, then continues on to the schrader valve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.